Thai vision of balanced recovery from COVID-19

webfact

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

First of all, he said, the power of Big Data and technologies must be harnessed to raise awareness and mobilize all sectors of society to transition production and consumption patterns towards more sustainable practices.

In other words no more 90 day reports required.

• Haha 1

To prepare the country for recovery from COVID-19, Thailand has outlined holistic approaches that would transform global trade and a development system that would leave nobody behind.

What a pile of baloney. Has this ever been done before? Has Thailand ever transformed global trade before? Has there ever been a development system that leaves nobody behind? The answer to the last question is the 10% rich always command 70 to 80% of the wealth, and that whatever transformation of trade occurs (by Thailand or by the UN) the rich always get richer and the poor always get poorer.

The only time in history where the working man started to earn a higher share of the national income was from 1945 to 1973.....when the Unions fought for higher real wages, and got them.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

To prepare the country for recovery from COVID-19, Thailand has outlined holistic approaches that would transform global trade and a development system that would leave nobody behind.

A bold statement indeed.

Leave no-one behind.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

How about shedding half of the armed forces, retiring off a few hundred Generals, commanders and the all the rest, and plow that money into infrastructure, education and employment training for the future?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, mark131v said:

They love a bit of big stage grandstanding, absolutely love to extoll meaningless drivel to the other third world incumbent's with zero intention of implementing anything, Thai face bottled...

As the British Queen said in frustration, "the Leaders talk, but don't do".

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Enzian said:

They could announce that the legacy of Sakdina is dead in all its form. Then sell the armed forces and put the money into education.

Yeah, sure.

Like this might come about anytime soon or the distant future. ????

[their reasons for existing]

I have read this, carefully, three times.

I consider myself (I think fairly) to be a reasonably well educated and articulate sort of chap. I know and can use lots of long words like wheelbarrow and marmalade!

My previous profession set particular store on clarity of communication, verbal and written. My powers of expression were usually favourably commented upon in the rigourous annual assessments to which I was subjected.

I couldn't understand a word of what the Foreign Minister was saying. I could make no

sense of it.

It was utter rubbish.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

"On 5 October 2021, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Don Pramudwinai ."

Excuse me! I thought that the other Chuckle Brother Anutin was the unelected DPM?

It seems that the Thai reporters are as bad as the Thai government at not knowing who each other is. The left hand and right hand springs to mind again. :cheesy:

Edited by possum1931

On 10/16/2021 at 10:22 AM, Enzian said:

They could announce that the legacy of Sakdina is dead in all its form. Then sell the armed forces and put the money into education.

and what about the Military Academies, turn them into universities? That will be some upgrade.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

What a pile of baloney. Has this ever been done before? Has Thailand ever transformed global trade before? Has there ever been a development system that leaves nobody behind? The answer to the last question is the 10% rich always command 70 to 80% of the wealth, and that whatever transformation of trade occurs (by Thailand or by the UN) the rich always get richer and the poor always get poorer.

The only time in history where the working man started to earn a higher share of the national income was from 1945 to 1973.....when the Unions fought for higher real wages, and got them.

Great post until that last paragraph. I take it you are not referring to the UK.