D.E.S. minister pressing ahead with plans to legalize electronic cigarettes in Thailand

webfact

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I am sure someone on here explained it is not illegal to own, possess or smoke e-cigarettes, it is only illegal to import and sell them......is that correct?

I see people very furtively smoking them for fear of arrest!!

In the law it’s illegal like drugs but in real life people smoke it  everywhere lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, nowhereman said:

Well if a foreigner is caught using it the police will try to extort 20 -50.000 THB and it won't go to the court. If you don't pay the bribe you are detained until you see the judge or pay bail if possible. As it is a small value of illegaly imported goods you'll get fined 800.00 Baht, deported and banned from entering Thailand for some time. It happened to many tourists (they don't have now) and expats. Now how bad is this?

Hahaha.....no wonder they are smoking them so furtively.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, thai006 said:

In the law it’s illegal like drugs but in real life people smoke it  everywhere lol

I have vaped in front of the police as did not know there were there. They did not say or do anything .Yet my friend last month got a road check and had one in his car. he had to go to court and was fined the cost of his e cig. about 2000 b 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PEE TEE said:

I have vaped in front of the police as did not know there were there. They did not say or do anything .Yet my friend last month got a road check and had one in his car. he had to go to court and was fined the cost of his e cig. about 2000 b 

Lucky chap your friend.

1 minute ago, nowhereman said:

French female tourist in March 2019 before the pandemic caught with a vape in Phuket. Worth reading if you vape in Thailand. https://www.motivape.co.uk/blogs/motivape-blog/tourist-in-thailand-arrested-fined-jailed-and-deported-for-vaping   

Unavailable if true ? I have seen the police having a vape also so i expect its who catches you if your unlucky you get one who wants promotion  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

i hope there is a petition i will sign it . was on 60 cigs a day started vaping 6 years ago and not had one cig since .

I tend to endorse your smoking solution to  60 stick a day, but like all things in life science will come to bear and it is widely acknowledged that most vape 'fuels' contain contaminants, some proven and some yet to be proven, which are harmful. Unexpectedly in a recent survey of many 'fuels' this included nicotine, six out of a hundred plus. My point here is that there is no safe way to check levels at POS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

They should do a survey of non smokers, which is more tollerable. Cigarettes or E-Cigarettes. I know what the result would be

Cigarettes far more harmful secondary smoke harmful smells acrid . Vapor from egigs can be very annoying to others vapers should consider others .some flavors smell nice and is only water vaper not harmful. Vaper is non ignition cigs are makes the difference between smoke and vapor.   My opinion 

• Like 1