D.E.S. minister pressing ahead with plans to legalize electronic cigarettes in Thailand

webfact

4 minutes ago, Capt Rob said:

I tend to endorse your smoking solution to  60 stick a day, but like all things in life science will come to bear and it is widely acknowledged that most vape 'fuels' contain contaminants, some proven and some yet to be proven, which are harmful. Unexpectedly in a recent survey of many 'fuels' this included nicotine, six out of a hundred plus. My point here is that there is no safe way to check levels at POS.

Don't worry you'll get your 100 plus in coming burning season. Compared to that vaping is safe as it can get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Capt Rob said:

I tend to endorse your smoking solution to  60 stick a day, but like all things in life science will come to bear and it is widely acknowledged that most vape 'fuels' contain contaminants, some proven and some yet to be proven, which are harmful. Unexpectedly in a recent survey of many 'fuels' this included nicotine, six out of a hundred plus. My point here is that there is no safe way to check levels at POS.

yes you are correct however the reports concerning dangers relates to what you vape its is quite a science. A while back in The USA people were buying black market juice containing THC and vitamin e it put  some people in hospital. The they had the report of diastole causing popcorn lung this was dismissed as fake no-one had died from this also they done a survey on popcorn factory's no-one had had popcorn lung as the drug is in abundance there. if the E-juice is conforming to the company's that make it should be no problems. mainly only 5 ingredients.     

• Thanks 1

If the minister is really concerned he could try to allow nicotine patches , gum and pills  . All 3 are effective at reducing the nicotine craving but not accessible in Thailand , unless you know better .

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Must have a vested interest somewhere down the line .....

I smoked for over 20 years and I smoked everything even newspapers when I didn't have the money. But what made me stop was my chest x-ray. I carried it around with me and when I wanted a smoke I would look at it first. E-cigarettes are not the answer I had friends that tried then but didn't like them at all.

7 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I smoked for over 20 years and I smoked everything even newspapers when I didn't have the money. But what made me stop was my chest x-ray. I carried it around with me and when I wanted a smoke I would look at it first. E-cigarettes are not the answer I had friends that tried then but didn't like them at all.

You don't have many friend then. Here's something to educate yourself -----> https://ash.org.uk/media-and-news/press-releases-media-and-news/in-2019-around-half-as-many-britons-now-vape-as-smoke-and-the-majority-are-ex-smokers/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, superal said:

If the minister is really concerned he could try to allow nicotine patches , gum and pills  . All 3 are effective at reducing the nicotine craving but not accessible in Thailand , unless you know better .

In Thailand you can legally buy nicotine patches, gums and all kind of pills. By the way non of the helped me to quit smoking but vaping did, instantly.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nowhereman said:

In Thailand you can legally buy nicotine patches, gums and all kind of pills. By the way non of the helped me to quit smoking but vaping did, instantly.

Well that is a surprise , where are they for sale cos I never seen them . Are they legit or dodgy ?

8 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Cigarettes far more harmful secondary smoke harmful smells acrid . Vapor from egigs can be very annoying to others vapers should consider others .some flavors smell nice and is only water vaper not harmful. Vaper is non ignition cigs are makes the difference between smoke and vapor.   My opinion 

Vapers annoy me by how satisfied and slightly smug they look, like blowing bubbles. Not like a real smoker where you can see their contemplation and mortality, damn smoking is still cool

11 hours ago, taotoo said:

They are two different - competing - industries.

Not really.  That's like saying cannabis, cocaine and amphetamines are different and competing industries.

Different, yes, but complimentary rather than competing, and all catering to addictive personalities.  One can lead to the other, same as vaping and smoking.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Expat68 said:

They should do a survey of non smokers, which is more tollerable. Cigarettes or E-Cigarettes. I know what the result would be

Neither.  Both smell bad and are selfish, anti-social activities for people who need an addiction..

Edited by Kinnock
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, taotoo said:

Thai farmers grow corn, and corn can be fermented to make vegetable glucosamine, one of the ingredients in e-liquid.

As far as i know the ingredients in e-liquid is

propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine , together with possible nicotine ( not needed ) , and some taste liquids , which can be made out of several substances .

Glucosamine is a solid and might be some component in some of the aroma's , but it will certainly be not in all of them and the concentration of the aromas is low .

On 10/17/2021 at 7:08 AM, Kinnock said:

Neither.  Both smell bad and are selfish, anti-social activities for people who need an addiction..

The smokers I drink with will have none off this,they continue to puff away even though they are supposed to walk away from others in a shop bar