Good scooter for dual riders

While we plan to get a car when we get settled in Thailand, we would still like scoot for short trips. Looking around to see what maxi scoots are available in Thailand and if it would be best to go use since it's for puttering around. Looking for something we could add side storage for things like visiting the fresh market, etc. Local driving only.

26 minutes ago, seedy said:

2 up on a scooter - not for me.

Forza at the bare minimum.

My PCX 150 ready to ride - 130 Kg.. GVW - 180 Kg

So even one up it is overloaded

Those specifications seem way too low, taxi bikes often carry 2 passengers so over 200kg, my Click hook has a 1.5kg max load, I've done 5 easy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Honda ADV150 but the panniers are after market.

That's not an ADV 150. That is the 745cc X-ADV. It does fit the OP's criteria of maxi scoot though. The only thing I don't like about it is the heavy weight: 238kg! Other maxi scoots available are the Honda Forza and the Yamaha T-Max. Personally I wouldn't bother with these. A regular scooter in the 150cc range like a Click is good enough to go to the fresh market and short local rides.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, papa al said:

yea, wierd

but / book sez

Honda Wave 125i max load was coincidentally, 125 kgs, so wife & myself just over max most of the time.  Probably at max now, as I shed a few.  New e-scooter I bought is 200 kg, though guessing will affect range more than performance.

8 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Honda ADV150 but the panniers are after market.

spacer.png

All Thai scooters can be equipped with bag hooks for hanging shopping. ZoomerX a small scooter comes with bag hooks moulded into the leg shield. 

What size scooter you buy for two depends on your size and weight.

Is that not a 750, or your post is just focusing on the panniers ?

ADV 150 still Thai-sized dimensions.

On 10/18/2021 at 3:17 AM, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

I plan on avoiding the Kok as if our life depended on it. We will have a car too. But sometimes I think a car is overkill for short trips (that are a little too long to walk).

the Kok?  Really?

You're going with that?

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2021 at 3:06 AM, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

I'm currently 5'10" 230 lbs (hitting down to an even 200 before next October). She is 4'11" and about 130.

Definitely going to need something a bit bigger than entry level, 125 / 150cc, as you're about 100 lbs over most load capacities, I think.  My Honda Wave was 125 kg / 275 lbs

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Definitely going to need something a bit bigger than entry level, 125 / 150cc, as you're about 100 lbs over most load capacities, I think.  My Honda Wave was 125 kg / 275 lbs

*Throws protein shake containers in the trash*

Someone give me Christian Bale's number. I need to do a 100 lb cut in a hurry. ????

• Haha 1