Visa for Family Members of EU/EEA or Swiss nationals Question

I am a EU National but living with my Thai Wife in Thailand, our last visit to the EU was a couple years ago.

Now we are planning to go again in 2022 (if Covid allows it ???? )

I am now orientating on the Visa Process and came across Visa Types on the VFSGlobal site.

This was one of the options

Family Members of EU/EEA or Swiss nationals

Almost directly underneath it, it says this

This procedure does not apply to family members of Dutch nationals travelling to or living in the Netherlands, unless they have recently worked/lived in another EU/EER country or Switzerland.

So does this mean, because I am living in Thailand we can't use this option?

The other option available would then be Visiting Family and Friends as we will be staying with them (They will provide accommodation ONLY)

Thanks in Advance

:wai:

The section you quote is for EEA nationals to exercise their right of free movement to any other EEA country except their own and to take a Family Member with them. So if you are Dutch and travelling to your own country, that section does not apply. Your wife would need to apply for a Schengen visa as a visitor to the Netherlands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

The section you quote is for EEA nationals to exercise their right of free movement to any other EEA country except their own and to take a Family Member with them. So if you are Dutch and travelling to your own country, that section does not apply. Your wife would need to apply for a Schengen visa as a visitor to the Netherlands.

Thx for clarifying that. 

Appreciated