Journalists attacked by members of cockfighting ring

geovalin

Two journalists who were investigating an illegal cockfighting ring were attacked by suspects involved in the scheme. Police are searching for the suspects involved in a case of assault against two journalists. The crime happened on October 16 at 2:30 p.m. in Kandal’s Kandal Stung District.

A group of people went to a clandestine cockfighting location forest west of Tbeng village, on the border of Chunlong Village, Tbeng Commune, Kandal Stung District, Kandal. The journalists went to get a story and investigate the cockfighting ring, but were attacked by the group.

The journalists were identified as: Seth Lot, male, 39 years old, from Sangkat Chrang Chamres 2, Khan Russey Keo, Phnom Penh. He is the owner of Techo Santepheap website. He suffered minor injuries and had his possessions stolen. The other journalist is identified as: Som Rom, male, 37 years old, from Trapeang Thleung III Village, Sangkat Choam Chao I, Khan Por Senchey, Phnom Penh. He is a journalist for Raksmey Stung Trang.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50954622/journalists-attacked-by-members-of-cockfighting-ring/

jurnalists-attacked.jpg.42cf8ed2db13c83853869dd4d5f79e06.jpg

More local than that , next door where our eggs come from is a cockpit.  Not a big deal as has nothing to do with us + the police are involved I suspect.  The cockpit has a digital clock above for timing events , in the evening 5 or 6 cars are parked there , but again not in the road so no bother to me.  Only worry is the fact that they walk about outside their home but as only a few metres from our house I am not doing more than 10 kph.