What happens if I own a business in Thailand and have gone literally bankrupt...

1 minute ago, PoorSucker said:

If you intend to do business in Thailand in the future you need to close it properly.

I

Perhaps yes but at the moment I have no means to maintain this business. So can I leave it idle lets say for a year or two or would I be hassled by revenue or police?

2 minutes ago, drronnie said:

Perhaps yes but at the moment I have no means to maintain this business. So can I leave it idle lets say for a year or two or would I be hassled by revenue or police?

You are required to file the regular annual return, tax returns etc. You will be fined otherwise. You do not need a lawyer to close a business. If you can't pay any amount due then you have to file for bankruptcy.

That depends on the financial position of the company. If it owes nothing to creditors then closing it/laying it dormant, and simply being "late" (not) doing the annual financials is not a problem.

You can catch up later, though this is only something to be concerned about if you are still here of course.

I am not sure it is till the case, though it used to be after about three years without posting a return a company was considered ended anyway.