Flooding continues to affect 15 provinces throughout Thailand

webfact

te3.jpg

By Erich Parpart

Flooding continues to affect 15 provinces with many households having been under floodwater for nearly a month now, authorities said on Wednesday.

Runoff from Tropical Storm Tianmu, which passed through the country between September 23 and October 7, is still affecting eight provinces including Khon Kaen, Maha Sarakham, Nakhon Ratchasima, Suphan Buri, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, and Pathum Thani.

Some households in Ang Thong are still under two meters of water. Fourteen people have died from the storms, the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) said.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/34179/flooding-continues-to-affect-15-provinces-throughout-thailand/

ti.jpg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Flooding continues to affect 15 provinces with many households having been under floodwater for nearly a month now, authorities said on Wednesday.

While I don't wish floods on anyone I do wish sometimes Bangkok would suffer waist high floods for a week-or-two.

Maybe the authorities would then consider doing something about water management instead of the usual nothing and just letting the northern brethren suffer year after year.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2021 at 3:33 PM, hotchilli said:

While I don't wish floods on anyone I do wish sometimes Bangkok would suffer waist high floods for a week-or-two.

Maybe the authorities would then consider doing something about water management instead of the usual nothing and just letting the northern brethren suffer year after year.

They did, there are dams a plenty up river. Bangkok used to flood, remember wading across from Nana Hotel to get to the Plaza.