Ministries say some schools to reopen November 1st

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yesterday when I popped into MedPark hospital there was a International schools bus parked at the curb and was waiting for the teachers it had brought to the hospital for a vaccination to return.

Were they forced in a gun point or was is it voluntary?

On 10/21/2021 at 2:27 PM, NicoBKK said:

My school -primary- already informed children to provide ATK negative test every day, done the night before, presented at the school entrance. School will test 50 kids randomly per week directly in the school

That will last 2 days.

13 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

My concern is weighed on kids infecting their unvaccinated parents/grand parents

13 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't know where you live, but we are in a village and see kids riding bikes, playing sports at the local school which is closed etc etc

Our kids have all the entertainment they want at home and we get them out and about as often as we can, even if it's going for a trip to Makro an hour up the road.

Personally I believe too much emphasis has been placed on education, that said, returning kids back to school before most are adults are vaccinated in my opinion as mentioned before will be a catastrophe, one example would be if the kids infect their parents/grand parents that haven't been vaccinated and if they pass, worse case scenario, who is going to look after the kids, you ?

Suicide is real and you don't have to worry about Covid for people to commit suicide there are many factors at play there, so I don't buy Covid as an excuse, albeit it would play a part in some ending it all. 

I found this comment to be monstrous, but it's from one of the few Covid fanatics who's willing to more or less admit the reasons why they approve of the terrible treatment handed out to children during the pandemic.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, sungod said:
11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yesterday when I popped into MedPark hospital there was a International schools bus parked at the curb and was waiting for the teachers it had brought to the hospital for a vaccination to return.

Were they forced in a gun point or was is it voluntary?

The fact that it is at MedPark hospital suggests that it is one of the ‘good’ international schools which has made arrangements to have their teachers fully vaccinated. 

They are Teachers, and as such, educated professionals - I very much doubt any of them have objections to being vaccinated when working in close contact with others. 

99% of all Staff at my Son’s school have been vaccinated (for 3-4 months already) - the schools are protecting their staff, the students and parents. The school has also offered vaccination for any parents who need it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The fact that it is at MedPark hospital suggests that it is one of the ‘good’ international schools which has made arrangements to have their teachers fully vaccinated. 

They are Teachers, and as such, educated professionals - I very much doubt any of them have objections to being vaccinated when working in close contact with others. 

99% of all Staff at my Son’s school have been vaccinated (for 3-4 months already) - the schools are protecting their staff, the students and parents. The school has also offered vaccination for any parents who need it. 

Not disputing that, just highlighting its voluntary.

I just feel sorry for the kids especially the males. No child should have to put that vaccine into their bodies. Young people don't get sick and vaccine does next to nothing to help the communicability.

I'm happy to *risk my health* as a teacher and say no to minors being vaxed.

If the country is ready to open to millions of tourists from 100 countries damn straight kids should go back

But I've a better plan. Cut the fourth quarter off and call it a year. Let a the kids have a nice long break and everyone comes back to school hell or high water in May

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Chad3000 said:

If the country is ready to open to millions of tourists from 100 countries damn straight kids should go back

But I've a better plan. Cut the fourth quarter off and call it a year. Let a the kids have a nice long break and everyone comes back to school hell or high water in May

I thank God you're not in charge of education. As a teacher I cannot wait to get back in front of the class.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MarcelV said:

I thank God you're not in charge of education. As a teacher I cannot wait to get back in front of the class.

I agree but it's not because of my lack of technology nor my online lessons. It's not about you it's about the kids.

The year has been a disaster so here we go lurching this way and then back again. For a genius teacher you have a short memory.

There will  be so much wasted effort just to get to mid Feb.

48 minutes ago, sungod said:

All the 'real' teachers I've spoken to are the same.

Those who think online learning is good alternative for kids are simply deluded, or just working in the wrong profession.

Think you need to investigate the Australian "School of the air" who have been very successfully teaching kids "online" in remote areas for 70 years. 

It comes down to wanting to learn and  lesson content - a concept lacking in Thailand. 

Research has shown that the outcome was equal to or better than conventional methods. 

Edited by Artisi

51 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Have you not been following the news on vaccination being required in order to open up the schools.

Yes, seems you have not. I supplied the part where its not mandatory, you can wind your neck in now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Think you need to investigate the Australian "School of the air" who have been very successfully teaching kids "online" in remote areas for 70 years. 

It comes down to wanting to learn and  lesson content - a concept lacking in Thailand. 

Research has shown that the outcome was equal to or better than conventional methods. 

Think you need to wake up. This is not just restricted to Thailand.

Bet the group activities where a hoot.

If its that much better than conventional learning, why didn't the rest of Australia and then the world adopt it?

When you have no alternative I'm sure its a godsend. But better than face to face learning? Pull the other one. Any real teacher will tell you online is no substitute.

Edited by sungod

4 hours ago, sungod said:

Think you need to wake up. This is not just restricted to Thailand.

Bet the group activities where a hoot.

If its that much better than conventional learning, why didn't the rest of Australia and then the world adopt it?

When you have no alternative I'm sure its a godsend. But better than face to face learning? Pull the other one. Any real teacher will tell you online is no substitute.

Context my friend context - the online learning for the online students was reported  as equal to or better than conventional methods -  not my findings, just relaying the research undertaken .

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Context my friend context - the online learning for the online students was reported  as equal to or better than conventional methods -  not my findings, just relaying the research undertaken .

And what of the countless kids here in Thailand that dont have reliable access to internet and/ or reliable devices? What of them Einstein? Australia also has flying doctors....gee, I wish they had them here too, the traffic jams are terrible.....Poor people could all just be airlifted to Bumrungrad hospital. Hang on, I'll get on the Bat phone and see what I can organise.