i thought thais promised to get rid of coe this week in favor of travel pass?

12 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

To add insult to injury, I have received today a mail from Mr. Claude Bauchet, representative of French expats saying that the Thais require all returnees to Thailand with reentry permits, for non OA or O visas, to have the THB 3M health cover. Wether that's just another brain wind of the Thai embassy in Paris, or more widespread, wasn't said. For those who want the mail [in French] I can PM it.

It was always required to have equivalent of US $100,000 in COVID insurnce. For all entries. Unclear if this has been modified to be $100,000 in general health cover that includes COVID.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:30 PM, Sheryl said:

That could easily have been accomodated within COE.just as COEs have adapted over timw to different required quarantine lengths. 

Only reason for new site/name IMO is rebranding.

Aside from being silly (a rose by any other name..etc),  creation of a new website and attendant processes is sure to mean weeks if not a month or more  of glitches until they get the kinks ironed out. 

so if im flying into bkk on nov 6 i should try to get the coe now?  i will have to eat the price of the additional not needed covid insurance and hopefully the hotel will refund me back 6 nights of rent.  and what about the second pcr test that is not required anymore?  i see the flights will be empty the first week of nov. as people are confused and cant get access to the travel pass site.  and beyond that,  sha hotels are not set up yet for doing the pcr test at hotel or the transfer from airport. i need answers or i will postpone . 

3 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

so if im flying into bkk on nov 6 i should try to get the coe now?  i will have to eat the price of the additional not needed covid insurance and hopefully the hotel will refund me back 6 nights of rent.  and what about the second pcr test that is not required anymore?  i see the flights will be empty the first week of nov. as people are confused and cant get access to the travel pass site.  and beyond that,  sha hotels are not set up yet for doing the pcr test at hotel or the transfer from airport. i need answers or i will postpone . 

Postpone a week or two if you can, is my advice. things are just too confused, and unlikely to be clearer until after the 1st.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 1:59 AM, madmen said:

The tourism minister from Bali was begging the airlines to fly there because no flights available. 

Thailand is killing it in SEA! 

Problem with Bali was that their new landing fees were too high and unrealistic for all airlines.

But nowadays -and lunatic as Thai can be- they are offering them up to 100% landing discount.

https://tinyurl.com/beav2pba

• Like 1