Emirates health insurance accepted for OA Visa?

1 minute ago, stat said:

Thanks a lot for the info! Was there any mentioning of the cover period in the certificate from AIG (date of return flight for example)? I would like to use it for a 1 year visa and will book a dummy flight with Emirates to Hong Kong as late as possible to get the 1 year max period. At the moment you can not book 1 year in advance with Emirates.

The cover is for the duration of the trip, so the end date matches my return flight.

The one term that I don't like says something like "AIG will not issue a new certificate if the trip is extended after the first flight"

Now my plan is to extend my trip slightly if I can get a covid extension or do a visa run.   However, to make my Emirates insurance valid, I probably need to move the return flight BEFORE departing.  

1 hour ago, jaizan said:

The cover is for the duration of the trip, so the end date matches my return flight.

The one term that I don't like says something like "AIG will not issue a new certificate if the trip is extended after the first flight"

Now my plan is to extend my trip slightly if I can get a covid extension or do a visa run.   However, to make my Emirates insurance valid, I probably need to move the return flight BEFORE departing.  

Thanks again! For my understanding, was there in the insurance confirmation a specific date mentioned or not? I am more interested in getting my visa stamp (for 1 year or 10 months if possible) then actually being covered by the emirates insurance. Did you have to provide a return ticket to get the insurance certificate? Thanks!

Regarding your extension plan, I think you could try to use the then "old" insurance certificate when reentering. I have no idea how they could check your health insurance status other then demanding that a certificate can only be a month old or something like this. I also wonder what would happen if you get your visa with emirates insurance but then have to cancel the flight and arrive on another plane without formal health insurance coverage. You would still have the visa and the no longer valid insurance certificate.

PS: Contact adresses  Emirates for the travel insurance

EMIRATES WILL DISCONTINUE THEIR TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR ALL FLIGHTS BOOKED AFTER 30 NOVEMBER

https://www.emirates.com/english/before-you-fly/multi-risk-travel-insurance/

Edited by stat

I 'lived' in Thailand for many years on a retirement extension , Visa says Non RE in my passport, and is renewable on 7th Dec 2021.

I want to visit family in Dubai for 10 days, flying with Emirate in order to take advantage of their included insurance.

Can anyone suggest a good time-line for my trip please. 

Returning early on 7th Decmber?

Edited by KannikaP

32 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I 'lived' in Thailand for many years on a retirement extension , Visa says Non RE in my passport, and is renewable on 7th Dec 2021.

I want to visit family in Dubai for 10 days, flying with Emirate in order to take advantage of their included insurance.

Can anyone suggest a good time-line for my trip please. 

Returning early on 7th Decmber?

I just read a few FAQs on the Emirates site,  and saw this.

24. Am I covered under this policy if I continue my trip by any cruise, train, car or flight to another city or country after arriving at the Emirates destination?

Yes - this policy provides coverage for additional parts of your trip after arrival at your destination, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy, including without limitation exclusions related to countries or areas for which an official government agency has mandated a border closure or issued a travel prohibition or ban. We encourage you to review the policy wording to understand the coverage offered and any applicable exclusions.

Does it mean that I could for example, fly back from DXB on say 5th Dec, go into the 24 hour Quarantine/test hotel, then drive back home early on 7th before my Extension runs out? Hmmmmmm.

25 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I just read a few FAQs on the Emirates site,  and saw this.

24. Am I covered under this policy if I continue my trip by any cruise, train, car or flight to another city or country after arriving at the Emirates destination?

Yes - this policy provides coverage for additional parts of your trip after arrival at your destination, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy, including without limitation exclusions related to countries or areas for which an official government agency has mandated a border closure or issued a travel prohibition or ban. We encourage you to review the policy wording to understand the coverage offered and any applicable exclusions.

Does it mean that I could for example, fly back from DXB on say 5th Dec, go into the 24 hour Quarantine/test hotel, then drive back home early on 7th before my Extension runs out? Hmmmmmm.

Specific question should be asked to emirates directly

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KannikaP said:

What exactly are you thinking?

A one way from here Thailand to Dubai then booking a return with Emirates to Thailand would work. Booking a return Thailand to Dubai won't.

14 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Does it mean that I could for example, fly back from DXB on say 5th Dec, go into the 24 hour Quarantine/test hotel, then drive back home early on 7th before my Extension runs out?

If all goes smoothly, tight but possible.

• Like 1