Bangkok Bank not allowing overseas transaction with mastercard

to the comment of Lazada, i would be very carfully to give so information. That is absolutly unusually.

My mastercard still works on Lazada, but for explain, steam giftcards i cannot pay with my mastercard, via Lazada, say denied for scanning risk of the card.

By the way, i did some research and ask a bank employer.

It looks like,  Bangkok Bank missing a lot of money.(and for sure, not from microtransactions from mobile game apps.)

That looks like an carbanak or cobaldspider attack or some kind of cyberattack.(google aboy that pls)

Thats why bangkok bank stopped all automatic international  moneytransfers via Mastercard.

If you need to make a moneytransfer international, so i guess you have to go to your bank and make the transfer manually.

There is no official statement about this from the bangkok bank, but only this makes sence because only the bangkok Bank has that problem.

and that means, to fix that will need time.

This is not happening to all BKK users.  There would be an uproar.  Hardly even a whisper online.  My BKK account is practically useless.  They did flag AliExpress and let payments through upon request but now I can't even pay AIS starting today.  Not sure why only some of us are dealing with this mess.  

Yes that is strange. I have to make payments and need otp code, mostly get 2 times denied, by the third one it get acceptet, Its a software problem and i recommending, go to your bank and let give them a new mastercard to you.

I did that 3 days ago and since that it works again.(i hope, because i did make only 1 payment via new mastercard to microsoft whitch not works before.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Topped up my AIS via BKK Bank online from Aussie on 12Nov21 with no issues whatsoever via IBanking.

Had set up a "Payment/Topup" to AIS using code AIS12C a few years ago and made it a favourite.  Just send 20B every so often to keep my AIS account active.

Bangkok Bank not allowing overseas transaction with mastercard 

Not to worry just use an other Visa Debit Card from a different Bank.

I never use the BBank card  ,they have now  6 digit number  Pin.

Can't use the card in most shops and online .

I have a Visa debit card with the Thanachart/TTB  Bank and that works.

Sometimes I have to redo the transaction or wait till next day to make it work.

The Thanachard/TTB card Works for Lazada , Shopee, Aliexpress and a few more .

Alibaba is a no no they ask for more secure info from the Bank.even from my Aussie Bank so I go somewhere else to buy  what I need.

Edited by digger70

1 hour ago, Barhop said:

Topped up my AIS via BKK Bank online from Aussie on 12Nov21 with no issues whatsoever via IBanking.

Had set up a "Payment/Topup" to AIS using code AIS12C a few years ago and made it a favourite.  Just send 20B every so often to keep my AIS account active.

AIS is in Thailand so not an overseas transaction, even if you're not here.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, stomachache said:

literally just made my account to chime in

they havent fixed it, i couldn't buy anything from online store unless it's in thailand

man, i just wanna buy some gifts for my friends 

I read elsewhere that someone said you need to go in or call and specifically ask them to turn back on international transactions. 

Edited by Ohyesuare

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

I read elsewhere that someone said you need to go in or call and specifically ask them to turn back on international transactions. 

id probably have to go in, i called 3-4 times on different days, no one answered

the customer service is always busy

I think you have to enable that function and it would not be on by default, then it would be you that authorised overseas transactions regarding any fraud event - things would be stacked against you probably since you have the go-ahead for overseas purchases.