On enjoying one’s work; why Rooster could never retire

rooster59

On 10/24/2021 at 10:14 AM, clivebaxter said:

Glad he reminded us how long he's been here again some might have missed it in the past, not a bad effort but Bangkok Phil and Andrew Biggs were the kings of this sort of material.

I know/worked with them both but Biggs was not really into this kinda writing. 

11 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Forgive me for such a stupid question. Where do I get to read your blog weekly ? I quite enjoyed that and just stumbled on it today . Thanks 

It's published every Sunday, should you wish you can check back issues in the archives. This was #291.

Good read Rooster. Like you I have been around a little wheeling and dealing shall we say, but honestly. Can never understand why people get jealous. Once had a neighbor who was a cousin to one of the  Roiling Stones, came over to my house and asked HOW CAN YOU AFFORD A RANGE ROVER.  Told him to try working 23 hours a day and shut the door.  By the way I am still trying to find Tan the Thai lady from Phuket who's Khim giving to her as a child by her mum, I still have. I did send a pix. 

7 hours ago, Black Angus said:

Good read Rooster. Like you I have been around a little wheeling and dealing shall we say, but honestly. Can never understand why people get jealous. Once had a neighbor who was a cousin to one of the  Roiling Stones, came over to my house and asked HOW CAN YOU AFFORD A RANGE ROVER.  Told him to try working 23 hours a day and shut the door.  By the way I am still trying to find Tan the Thai lady from Phuket who's Khim giving to her as a child by her mum, I still have. I did send a pix. 

Maybe try posting in the Phuket forum. Someone might know her if you give a few details. 

On 10/24/2021 at 4:31 PM, KhunMorris said:

Really enjoying the weekly column. I used to read another regular Sunday blog but that's fallen by the wayside. The balance today was great, I enjoyed reading about your experiences in Antipodea.

Chapeau

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Olympic Bronze Medallist, LA 1984

Ex Bar Owner.

I know another guy called Morris (surname) who rowed in Mexico 68. He was my best headmaster. They should have Scrabble! What sport did you compete in?

Thanks, these Sunday morning articles are a good way to wind down the week.

Please link news articles of the week that you mention in your posts, as it's the first I'm hearing of some of them and I'd like to read the references to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks again!

On 10/24/2021 at 4:41 PM, Marpa47 said:

AUA?  As in, “Despite the crash of the Aussie dollar in 1985 I returned to Bangkok mid-year and started at AUA”

Lurgy?  As in “we can’t wait for all this lurgy looniness to end”

OK so I was able to look both up on google.   However.  

before you publish, may I suggest that you run your copy by someone who is other than from the U. K. ?  I love your writing and also look forward with bated breath for the forthcoming fare — only, please let someone clarify these ‘ethnicisms’; or at least provide a glossary?  Although the process of mining Google for traces of meaning is in itself sometimes a rewarding experience for me.  Really I love this weekly post, whether I can always make out what you are going on about or not.  LOL  Safe trip to Pattaya and back, all of you.

Edited by The Hammer2021