Bangkok bars battle to beat booze ban battering

Jonathan Fairfield

Still reeling from the alliteration overdose of that headline.

Wife arriving with beer shortly.

My balcony on my bungalow, no mask, nobody else but wife.

Haven't been in a bar since last year, September.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nightfox said:

Soi 7 next to the beer garden is a mini Soi 6 Pattaya, Music, Booz, Girls. Lock down restrictions don't exist in those bars as its prey much pre covid action there.

No problem, the brown envelopes don't have far to travel.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nightfox said:

Soi 7 next to the beer garden is a mini Soi 6 Pattaya, Music, Booz, Girls. Lock down restrictions don't exist in those bars as its prey much pre covid action there.

Allegedly a senior figure of the Boys in Brown is a shareholder of the bar area in Sukhumvit Soi 7. When all else is closed it's a reliable place to find refreshment and entertainment. Ditto the beer garden. Was at both places a few times during the January 2021 lockdown and it was pretty much business as usual. 

Edited by soi3eddie

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

I expect bars will be allowed to open & sell alcohol either Nov 15,  or Dec 01.     

It could very well be Nov 15.    

Bars open and majority of schools closed. Can tell where the priorities lie

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 12:48 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Is there anybody out there who wanted to drink alcohol and didn't find it?

I have been seeing a lot of girls posting pics of drinking in club/bar looking places on instagram recently, especially over this long weekend

Edited by poskat

23 hours ago, nightfox said:

Well my kids are back to school next Monday, I would think it all depends what province you are in.

@nightfox  I think your kids school is in the minority, as I'm a teacher looking for work and nearly every school I've been in contact with are carrying online teaching.   

3 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@nightfox  I think your kids school is in the minority, as I'm a teacher looking for work and nearly every school I've been in contact with are carrying online teaching.   

Our language school in central Bangkok has been given the all-clear to start face-to-face teaching again from 1 November.  My kid's international school hopes to get clearance soon too.  I would expect most schools to reopen next month.

12 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Our language school in central Bangkok has been given the all-clear to start face-to-face teaching again from 1 November.  My kid's international school hopes to get clearance soon too.  I would expect most schools to reopen next month.

@brewsterbudgen well I'm going on what feedback I've had off the schools I've been in contact with and they're all carrying on online teaching,  and also its inevitable that there will be cases breaking out in schools, so if its the usual knee jerk reaction here,  the schools that are open will be shutdown again