Marriage in Thailand

Tayida

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Yes you must both go to your own embassies to fill in forms confirming your past marital status .then you need to have them translated into Thai and go to your local office to get wed when I did it we completed the whole process in a single day . You should note that if your marriage ends as you got married in Thailand you can only get divorced in Thailand I can confirm this from personal experience 

Need proof of divorce if married previously. 

We arranged a marriage ceremoney and reception for young friends of ours, they having married in a registrar office before coming to Thailand.  Saves all the hassle of Thai Paper Work, which seldom goes smoothly and will cost you too.  PM me if you would like me to help.

4 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

We arranged a marriage ceremony and reception for young friends of ours, they having married in a registrar office before coming to Thailand.  Saves all the hassle of Thai Paper Work, which seldom goes smoothly and will cost you too.  PM me if you would like me to help.

If I understand correctly you are talking about a couple married overseas, right? Regarding the hassle of the documentation in other countries it definitely depends on which countries you apply to. Personally it took us two years going through multiple obstacles and it was a draining experience

2 minutes ago, alyx said:

If I understand correctly you are talking about a couple married overseas, right? Regarding the hassle of the documentation in other countries it definitely depends on which countries you apply to. Personally it took us two years going through multiple obstacles and it was a draining experience

The couple we arranged a "Marriage Ceremony" for were a young British Couple.  They first of all got married in a Registrar Office in the UK and then did the "Ceremonial" bit in Thailand.  We arranged the Ceremony, Reception, Accommodation for Guests and Transport. 

• Like 1