Wanting to stay in thailand 5 months, nov to march. Best way?

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a non-o visa based upon retirement or marriage to a Thai at any immigration of office. You will need 800k baht for retirement or 400k baht for  marriage on the day you apply for it.

No insurance is required for a non-o visa application of extension of stay at immigration.

You could also easily apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage that would allow a 90 day entry at a embassy or official consulate.

Thanks once again Ubonjoe. Yes I am aware that I could apply to the Thai Embassy here in France as  currently French resident with the necessary residency card. But last time I looked they do require both Covid and health insurance for a non O of 90 days. And that I attend in person which is a long treck from where I am probably requiring an overnight stay in Paris depending on time of the appointment.

37 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

But last time I looked they do require both Covid and health insurance for a non O of 90 days.

That medical insurance is not required for a non-o visa based upon marriage. It is only needed for retirement and it only requires 90 days of insurance. Covid 19 insurance is required for both of them.

2 hours ago, pe747 said:

Mind though, that it is not easy to optain a bank account on a tourist visa if you want to go the Non-O visa based on retirement way

Best option is to use an agent (not necessarily visa agent) to assist with opening Bank account.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:46 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a a non-o visa at immigration with a visa exempt entry.

The 800k baht only has to be in the bank on the day your apply for the visa. Then when you apply for the one year extension of stay based upon regiment during the last 30 day of the 90 day entry the visa allows it will have to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.  

If one wanted to convert to a non-o visa (from either a visa exempt entry or from a tourist visa) using the income method, how many months' of FTT transfers > 65K THB must be completed prior to applying for the non-O conversion?

48 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

If one wanted to convert to a non-o visa (from either a visa exempt entry or from a tourist visa) using the income method, how many months' of FTT transfers > 65K THB must be completed prior to applying for the non-O conversion?

The written rules do not mention transfers of 65k baht income to apply for a non-o visa. It only mentions proof of income from a embassy. See: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

For a extension application the rules state 2 months of transfers can be accepted but the wording is unclear since it says from the start of retirement. Many offices have refused the transfer option for people that had already been it the country before applying for the extension and required a full year of transfers to do it.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 2:35 PM, farang51 said:

The STV: Check the website for the Thai embassy in your country as the requirements in your country may be different from the requirements in other countries; however, In Denmark:

You need a health insurance from a Thai insurance company. This is in addition to the Covid insurance that you need for the COE/Thailand Pass.

You need a certificate from a doctor stating that you do not have leprosy and some other deceases.

Statement from the police that you do not have a criminal record.

Proof of paid accommodation for the duration of your stay.

They still list quarantine as a requirement but that may not be necessary any more.

This is the issue I have. I'm not 50, but would like the Special tourist visa so i can stay for upto 9 months. However the difference between applying for this and the tourist visa are the additional requirements of paperwork that need to be uploaded. I.E full proof of payment for entire stay in Thailand! Thats a huge cost on its own, without having the visa approved. Thoughts

51 minutes ago, Cowboy1 said:

This is the issue I have. I'm not 50, but would like the Special tourist visa so i can stay for upto 9 months. However the difference between applying for this and the tourist visa are the additional requirements of paperwork that need to be uploaded. I.E full proof of payment for entire stay in Thailand! Thats a huge cost on its own, without having the visa approved. Thoughts

You "only" have to have proof of full payment for 90 days. But you do need a Thai health insurance, and then there's the paperwork. Do you want to stay 9 months? If for a shorter time, you may want to check if the embassy in your country offers the multi entry tourist visa.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 1:21 PM, farang51 said:

You "only" have to have proof of full payment for 90 days. But you do need a Thai health insurance, and then there's the paperwork. Do you want to stay 9 months? If for a shorter time, you may want to check if the embassy in your country offers the multi entry tourist visa.

Good point. However multi-entry tourist visa states you need a good reason, otherwise you will only be grated single entry tourist visa?

• Confused 1