Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

CoE Air-travel after 7 Nov .......... CoE NOW CANCELLED

1909284046_Screenshot2021-10-26at15_04_18.thumb.png.800e6e094c609861ab01a8b0c9ba68bd.png

On 10/26/2021 at 9:17 AM, OJAS said:

And one could, I think, be reasonably forgiven for coming to the conclusion that the London Embassy are steadfast in their determination to trick, hoodwink and deceive foreigners seeking to enter (or return to) Thailand from the UK into continuing to submit COE applications which are now fruitless, given that there still isn't a dickey-bird mention of the Thailand Pass on their website as far as I can tell! ????

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Absolute rubbish...  I have received a very clear e-mail from the Thai Embassy in London. 

We are travelling on 8th... We have to book with the Thai Pass. 

If we are travelling between 1st and 7th we are told to use the CoE process and ’try’ the Thai Pass (CoE process just incase there are bugs with the Thai Pass). 

Fairly clear then. 

Travel before 1st Nov - use CoE

Travel 1st Nov to 7th Nov - Use CoE (Give Thai Pass a try)

Travel from 8th Nov - Use Thai Pass (from 1st Nov)

• Like 1

I don't think the Thai embassy in London is incompetent ....... they can only implement the new system when the software is ready, they have no control over that. The initial pre-approval of the COE is done centrally in Thailand, I think. The embassy just checks it and approves it. In my case, the first stage took 5 days, but the embassy approved it after uploading the rest of the documents in 2 hours! Cannot complain about that. 

Suggesting that you apply for COE and Thaipass makes sense, if travelling next week.

I can't reach the embassy in my country to ask if i should apply for CoE or wait for ThailandPass.

My flight is on 6th November and the it looks like even if i try to apply for CoE, which i can do tomorrow, i won't be getting it on time.

(I mean considering they are not answering the calls or e-mails, it is going to be fairly slow.)

Anyone know if ThailandPass applications will be processed by the local embassies as well ?

On 10/26/2021 at 9:17 AM, OJAS said:

And one could, I think, be reasonably forgiven for coming to the conclusion that the London Embassy are steadfast in their determination to trick, hoodwink and deceive foreigners seeking to enter (or return to) Thailand from the UK into continuing to submit COE applications which are now fruitless, given that there still isn't a dickey-bird mention of the Thailand Pass on their website as far as I can tell! ????

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

There is, but last time I looked was only on the Thai pages;

https://london.thaiembassy.org/th/content/ขั้นตอนการกลับประเทศไทยของคนไทย?page=5f4b6330342f2d1f4c6c40a4&menu=5f4b652c522bf45dc44cda62

image.png.66b4d9a507d40c32990f2372ecc1fa59.png

8 minutes ago, mahsn said:

I can't reach the embassy in my country to ask if i should apply for CoE or wait for ThailandPass.

My flight is on 6th November and the it looks like even if i try to apply for CoE, which i can do tomorrow, i won't be getting it on time.

Apply via COE, you should have plenty time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

That's awkward timing for sure. Hopefully you'll get pre-approval today and they'll process via COE. Even if they don't I wouldn't be too concerned, a week to process it under the ThailandPass may be a bit nerve wracking but easily doable. Just jump on it as soon as it's launched 

Based on previous experience of the fragility of new Thai websites of this nature, and an expectation that many people will be following your advice to jump on the site as soon as it goes lives, I have deep forebodings as to how this is going to work out.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I have deep forebodings as to how this is going to work out.

Strangely enough I feel quite calm about this one. Other than the UI issue (clicking the upload on each doc after uploading) I haven't heard of any issues with the COE site. Also don't see the traffic on 1 November being "that" big allowing for various timezones.

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Strangely enough I feel quite calm about this one. Other than the UI issue (clicking the upload on each doc after uploading) I haven't heard of any issues with the COE site. Also don't see the traffic on 1 November being "that" big allowing for various timezones.

You may be right, and I have no wish for my worries to prove well founded. However, it is not true that the COE application process went smoothly when it was first introduced. It went through a slew of changes early on until it became useable.

5 hours ago, Salerno said:

Apply via COE, you should have plenty time.

thank you for your answer...

if i apply for CoE tomorrow, and do not get a pre-approval until Nov 1st, then i can also try my luck with Thailandpass ?

Or once i go for the CoE i'll have to stick with it and wait until the pre-approval comes...

1 minute ago, mahsn said:

if i apply for CoE tomorrow, and do not get a pre-approval until Nov 1st, then i can also try my luck with Thailandpass ?

I'd be surprised if you don't get pre-approval in a couple of days at the latest, that seems to be processed quickly whereas final COE is where it may hang for a while (for those applying way in advance, various Embassies/Consulates hold it to a few days before flight which is understandable - gives the traveller time to make last minute changes, for others they've completed the whole process in 24 hours).

Comes down to where you are and the workload on the local staff. If not received by 1 November could be worth applying via ThailandPass and hope it doesn't complicate the issue.

11 hours ago, mahsn said:

(I mean considering they are not answering the calls or e-mails, it is going to be fairly slow.)

Anyone know if ThailandPass applications will be processed by the local embassies as well ?

The Thai Embassy (London) has been clear in an e-mail with me. 

Arrival before 1st Nov - Apply for CoE. 

Arrival 1st-8th Nov - Apply for CoE and Thai Pass

Arrival from 8th Nov - Apply via Thai Pass only (CoE applications rejected).

I think the preference is that from 1st Nov everyone applies via Thai Pass if possible, but no one knows IF bugs will exist in the system, thus also apply via the proven CoE method to ensure you are covered. 

My guess is the Thai Pass applications (submitted with the required documents) will be approved in an hour or two (previously I had a CoE approved in 3 hours from start to issuance of CoE, so a few hours is certainly feasible). 

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 15.04.18.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, misterphil said:

Just been reading the Emirates website in preparation for my flight home in December and read this. 

Travel to Bangkok

Below restrictions are applicable for Bangkok

The ban on international flights to Thailand has been extended until 30 November 2021. Travel to Thailand is restricted to specific categories of passengers. Please check the requirements below before you travel. You may be required to take a COVID‑19 PCR test and submit additional documentation before departure. Please note all required documents must be printed.

what does this have to do with coe