90 days report moronic rejection reason

35 minutes ago, andreww said:

Yes, that was my guess as well, I went to the same TM30 website that I used to fill when it was a requirement, and it won't accept registration even though I use the same XLS as I had always used when it was necessary.

I was under impression that Tm30 was not requried anymore after travels?? Did I miss some reversal announcement lately?

If a TM30 or TM28 isn't required how do you tell them about a change of address? somehow 1 hotel managed to do do it who knows how

26 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The hotel did the TM30 as usual. But a TM30 isn't required if you return to the same address, this was changed last year.

The IO who processes OP's 90 day report might not be aware of this change.

Op is saying his address has changed on the system based on what the IO said hence the 90 day online report isn't working

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Op is saying his address has changed on the system based on what the IO said hence the 90 day online report isn't working

I don't know how the TM30 looks internally, but I would assume that it's a simple table/database, somehow like this, listing all the report dates and addresses.

02.06.2020 - House 123 moo 4, tambon, jangwat...

15.09.2020 - Hotel XY, tambon, jangwat...

10.02.2021 - Friends condo ABC... (assuming the friend did the report ;))

18.05.2021 - Hotel QWE...

Upon return to his House there is no requirement to submit a new TM30 (since they changed it last year), so the last entry in this table/database might of course not be the current address (making the whole TM30 system a bit senseless, but immigration came up with this change, so that's their problem...)

Because it's not required to submit a TM30 after returning to the "old" address, the IO processing the 90 day reports should accept it for any address found in the TM30 database, no matter if it's the latest or an older entry. In OP's case the IO doesn't seem to know this, he thinks it has to be the latest address, and thus wrongfully rejects the 90 day report.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I don't know how the TM30 looks internally, but I would assume that it's a simple table/database, somehow like this, listing all the report dates and addresses.

02.06.2020 - House 123 moo 4, tambon, jangwat...

15.09.2020 - Hotel XY, tambon, jangwat...

10.02.2021 - Friends condo ABC...

18.05.2021 - Hotel QWE...

Upon return to his House there is no requirement to submit a new TM30 (since they changed it last year), so the last entry in this table/database might of course not be the current address (making the whole TM30 system a bit senseless, but immigration came up with this change, so that's their problem...)

Because it's not required to submit a TM30 after returning to the "old" address, the IO processing the 90 day reports should accept it for any address found in the TM30 database, no matter if it's the latest or an older entry. In OP's case the IO doesn't seem to know this, he thinks it has to be the latest address, and thus wrongfully rejects the 90 day report.

Sounds plausible but with the 90 day online reporting there is no IO involved, it's automated?

43 minutes ago, andreww said:

It's manual, as it seemed the IO who picked up the phone was exactly the person who rejected my report 4 times today, as he only asked my nationality and immediately said "your address is in Phang Nga". I said it was definetely never ever was Phang Nga, he elaborated about dates / tambon, so I realised it was the hotel we stayed for Xmas'20. After my wife called him and asked miriad of sensible questions like "why my report was approved 3 times this year with my actual home address", he just kept repeating "your address is in Phang Nga, go check at immigration". I think "I" in "IO" means not immigration, but some other word.

Interesting, my 90 day online reports are approved in 1 second usually so I'd say no manual intervention unless it doesn't work for some reason

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

No 

It is not required unless you change your registered address or enter the country with a new visa.

But keep in mind, none of that happened as due to COVID i did not take any risks leaving the country, and my extension is due in January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Have you actually read the thread? If so, you clearly haven't understood what you've read.
1 - You cannot do a 90 day report by drive-thru. Immigration is not McDonalds.

2 - The OP hasn't left the country so there is no 'foreign return'.

3 - Where did you read - if you read the thread at all - that the OP is retired?

I understand two of your statements, but #1.  Yes, you can do your 90-day report by drive-thru at immigration. Just because your immigration doesn't offer such a service, doesn't mean other immigration are the same. My local immigration does offer such a service. Every 90 days I ride my big bike and use their drive-thru service and I am out within minutes. They started this service here, due to covid-19. And it works great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more reason why I stopped dealing with immigration myself and doing all my own paperwork when they stopped accepting income confirmations from some countries.  All I do now is sign papers, go to immigration once a year for about ten minutes where I smile and have my picture taken.  After being here and at the same address for thirty years, I am sure that they have a large album filled with my photos and a file cabinet filled with my paperwork.  For a very small and quite reasonable fee, I no longer have to deal with any of the frustrations so often posted here.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If a TM30 or TM28 isn't required how do you tell them about a change of address? somehow 1 hotel managed to do do it who knows how

I was told by IO at my local IO office, that I don't need to report anything or going anywhere, and can stay at hotels anywhere I want without reporting anything, unless I leave the country. I had my wife as a witness.

And yes! I know that IOs can interpretate anything they want, but if they try any of their nonsense, I will soon let them know about it.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

.......and can stay at hotels anywhere I want without reporting anything, unless I leave the country.

You don't need to do a TM30 even if you exit country and return to where you live in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, andreww said:

Here's the thing, my house is not next door from the immigration office, so rather than 1/2 minute it would take me 1/2 day to drive back and forth. I have family, job, hobbies, and better things to do in general than wasting my morning because some bureaucrat cannot do his job properly.

So I ended up "gaming" this stupid system: entered the hotel's location as my residence address in 90 report form and voila, it was approved today ????????‍♂️???? Faces saved, no time wasted.

It really takes a talent to fail this miserably in a pointless and simple job like this, but these guys keep coming up with new surprises each year. 

Maybe you should try doing the 90-day report by mail. Next time you absolutely have to go to immigration, couldn't you do a TM30 to correct your address, then continue filing by mail until there is a thread reporting that they have fixed the 90-day online snafu.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You don't need to do a TM30 even if you exit country and return to where you live in Thailand.

I know, but I never mentioned a TM30. I was near my IO with my wife so just popped in to ask them. I would never have bothered with the TM30 whether they wanted me  to or not.

7 minutes ago, placnx said:

Maybe you should try doing the 90-day report by mail. Next time you absolutely have to go to immigration, couldn't you do a TM30 to correct your address, then continue filing by mail until there is a thread reporting that they have fixed the 90-day online snafu.

I see no difference between doing report online or by mail if some official confuses my long-registered home address with a hotel address where I stayed for couple nights. There's more chance my report will be overdue if I submit by mail and receive a rejection a week later.

Edited by andreww