How did you meet your wife? First words?

Neeranam

7 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Wonder if Mike spelt out Australia and enjoyed the show or if played the gentleman, to his future wife, and said “ Just write OZ “ ????

It's a good thing she didn't ask Sebastian from Venezuela.

• Haha 2

On 10/29/2021 at 8:58 AM, Hanuman2547 said:

We met in the USA where she was a graduate student.  I was taking a senior level statistics course and she was the grad assistant for the course.  Married for 23 years until she passed away in 2005.  

That's sad! Did you guys make it back to Thailand or did you stay in the States?

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 12:25 AM, itsari said:

Perhaps that is the secret to a successful marriage not being able to converse .

Hmmm I gonna relate to this.

Unfortunately I speak Thai and Lao, and strangely when she is <deleted> off with me always reverts to either Thai or Lao, or a verbal diarrhea of both.

There are times I wish she spoke a language I didn't understand!

I always laugh when I watch a British movie 'Still Crazy' when Bill Nighy's Swedish wife goes off at him in Swedish

• Like 1

An internet dating site, 4 years ago. I thought from her uniform that she was military.   

Chatting, "Hello."

We chatted hours per day for 5 weeks, about our lives. Met in person when her assignment changed to CM, from the South.  Love at first sight. Together ever since. In a few years, she'll be a General.   Literally works her ass off at her office, keeps the house clean, tirelessly helps many people. Looks great in a dress, clean, healthy. Does not watch TV, reads, speaks more languages than I do. A credit to her country.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 8:33 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Fast forward two decades later plus some later, my daughters grandparents from her mother's side who didn't want me as their son-in-law recently passed due to old age, and my daughter is going to inherit tens of millions of dollars when her mum passes eventually,

... unless her Mum writes/re-writes a will to the contrary.

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I didn't think Thais married to foreigners were allowed to be generals.

We're not married, but she's my wife. If we were in America, she would be my common-law wife. (Depending on the State).

Her family has a lot of juice in government and police, a few of them live in houses that were constructed out of teakwood, so it's not going to be a problem, I think. 

She knows people all over the country, she's been assigned everywhere.  Lots of people owe her favors.

I do everything I can to support her dreams, while I live a quiet Life in CM as a retired military veteran.

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

... unless her Mum writes/re-writes a will to the contrary.

Lol, no other kids, and will's can be contested in a court of law, suffice to say, it's all going to be hers.

No bubble bursting allowed on this forum ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Lol, no other kids, and will's can be contested in a court of law, suffice to say, it's all going to be hers.

No bubble bursting allowed on this forum ????

It's happened before particularly as to your use of the word 'all'.

Edited by jerrymahoney

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

It's happened before.

I'm sure it has, but given she is her only daughter and lives with her, trust me when I say, it's going to her, like I said, no bubble bursting here. 

Too bad I won't be alive long enough to ask her for a loan in the future ????

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I'm sure it has, but given she is her only daughter and lives with her, trust me when I say, it's going to her, like I said, no bubble bursting here. 

Too bad I won't be alive long enough to ask her for a loan in the future ????

You wrote above:

" ... and that has got to be a bitter pill to swallow for my ex who never remarried, as my daughter not only carries my surname, but will collect it all in the end..."

Persons who have been made to swallow a "bitter pill" sometimes do strange things especially if they can afford a good lawyer.

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

You wrote above:

" ... and that has got to be a bitter pill to swallow for my ex who never remarried, as my daughter not only carries my surname, but will collect it all in the end..."

Persons who have been made to swallow a "bitter pill" sometimes do strange things especially if they can afford a good lawyer.

Ok, whatever makes you feel better.

I will just keep saying that she will give it ALL to her only daughter.

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Ok, whatever makes you feel better.

I will just keep saying that she will give it ALL to her only daughter.

It has northing to do with my feeling better -- you are the one who chose to post about your family financial matters on a social media.

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

It has northing to do with my feeling better -- you are the one who chose to post about your family financial matters on a social media.

Ok, ok, you win........jeeesus

Edited by 4MyEgo

I was walking through the clothing section of the main market in Loei.  She was helping her sister sell clothing.  I asked the sis if she had a local hand made pakama. She did, but not on her cart.  So a couple days later, we met at a local Wat where the Khao Phansa ceremony was going on.  Turns out they had befriended a British VSO volunteer teacher gal, so we all became acquainted. I have no idea of our first words as her sister did most of the talking.

A year or so later (43 years ago):

image.png.8b37cb9622c369a35ce858c93dd5a740.png

• Like 2

She was standing with two other female friends in the hotel in Pattaya where I was staying, she was down from up country with two of her friends. Her beautiful face caught my attention right away, also her height, she was very much taller than her two friends, the three of them started looking at me and I just looked at her and said your beautiful.

It all started from there and she ended up taking me home with her.

15 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

If the meet was in a bar in Pattaya ...

I imagine very often,  the future wife's very romantic first words would have been

...... "Do you want Long Time or Short Time ?"

Such originality and blistering wit, you must be an author, or at least a well travelled blogger

Edited by Kinnock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great to see all the positive and humorous posts negating all the doomsday posts about thai gold diggers ive seen here over the years. For me met in oz 20yrs ago and still going strong, first time we met i'd had a few and she brushed me but i soon redeemed myself and rest is history ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UbonEagle said:

Great to see all the positive and humorous posts negating all the doomsday posts about thai gold diggers ive seen here over the years. For me met in oz 20yrs ago and still going strong, first time we met i'd had a few and she brushed me but i soon redeemed myself and rest is history ????

Well it is true, contrary to popular rumor, regular couples do exist in the farang/thai couple world.

Now is that an adventure in itself? Hell Yes

My wife grew up and was educated in the US, but there is something in the DNA that makes them different.

Feisty doesn't quite cut it. Put it this way, a Thai woman is as loving as it's possible to be. But pi**ss that girl off...don't let her near knives! lol.

So that 'normal' situation is for a lot of us, but the problem always get down to the fact that so many farang/thai hook up's are with some kind of sex worker.

Generally doomed to failure and they feed into the perception from other farangs that your spouse fails into that category. And if you want to see my wife with the 'knives' thing, that a red rag to a Bull

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Haha 1