Morchana and Thailand plus problems

I have both apps on my phone but neither will work , they require a Thailand pass QR code to activate , and I have a coe not a Thailand pass , the QR code on the coe does not work on either of the apps.

I wondered if anyone else has had this problem , I am due to fly out tomorrow.

Edited by Zyte

I am flying tomorrow as well. Did you get the MorChana app for iOS? It seems the app is no longer available for Android.

Anyway, as far as I understand, the staff in the airport or at the hotel will help you install and setup the app when you arrive.

• Confused 1

On 10/31/2021 at 8:30 PM, farang51 said:

I am flying tomorrow as well. Did you get the MorChana app for iOS? It seems the app is no longer available for Android.

Anyway, as far as I understand, the staff in the airport or at the hotel will help you install and setup the app when you arrive.

Havimg others handle your phone we all touch all the time sems like a dream transmission stream

Keep hold of it and have them slowly explain what you need to do.

It is double jeopardy incomers both flanag and Thai are sure to cause some clusters as happened in teh sandbox, unless isolated forever thisseems a risk the regime is prepared to take, of course unlike most of the rural poor 1 Sinovac if lucky 

28 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Havimg others handle your phone we all touch all the time sems like a dream transmission stream

Wipe down your phone...  wash hands.. simple... besides CDC state the risk of fomite transmission is 1 in 10,000. 

Keep hold of it and have them slowly explain what you need to do.

You mean get close to them ? (them being the airport staff who have checked the documents of every other arriving passenger from all over the world ?) - that said, as below, the risks are very low.

It is double jeopardy incomers both flanag and Thai are sure to cause some clusters as happened in teh sandbox,

What ‘clusters’ from the Sandbox ?? - you just made that up ???

The positive cases from the SandBox was 0.12% (mostly caught on the first test) and 0.06% positive Covid-19 cases from the second PCR test -  this therefore translates to a 0.06% chance of transmission from international arrivals, the risk of local transmission is far far higher. 

unless isolated forever thisseems a risk the regime is prepared to take, of course unlike most of the rural poor 1 Sinovac if lucky 

17 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Remarks: From 1 October 2021, travelers is no longer required to download ThailandPlus App before travel to Thailand.

I already have a COE (updated to allow use after Nov 1st) but you cannot register it in Morchana. I arrive on Nov 8. Have to see how they figure it out in the Airport I guess.

9 minutes ago, Xoomb said:
17 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Remarks: From 1 October 2021, travelers is no longer required to download ThailandPlus App before travel to Thailand.

I already have a COE (updated to allow use after Nov 1st) but you cannot register it in Morchana. I arrive on Nov 8. Have to see how they figure it out in the Airport I guess.

Morchana is also used for domestic tourists entering Phuket (as well as international visitors entering Thailand now). If I’m not mistaken there is no need for any CoE code or Thailand pass code to register with on the Mor Chana app.

Ultimately, IF upon arrival you are asked to present the Mor Chana App on your smart phone, as you mentioned, the staff at the airport will help you figure it out. 

23 minutes ago, Xoomb said:

Have you updated the app?

21 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Have you updated the app?

Yes updated to the New version this morning. The new version requires you to scan the QR code from your thailand pass. But it does not work with the QR code on the COE. But if you have been issued with a COE already, they advise you are good to enter thailand (which is my case). So I will let them figure it out when I arrive. I was under the impression that you had to enter the results of the rapid antigen Covid test on day 6 into Morchana. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xoomb said:

I was under the impression that you had to enter the results of the rapid antigen Covid test on day 6 into Morchana.

Yes, that's why I was asking, I was wondering if it had the functionality and what they actually wanted uploading (I don't need it yet so haven't installed).

Sucks it doesn't scan the COE but not surprising.

Edited by Salerno

22 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Yes, that's why I was asking, I was wondering if it had the functionality and what they actually wanted uploading (I don't need it yet so haven't installed).

Sucks it doesn't scan the COE but not surprising.

My guess is they’d want to Photo of the a Negative Antigen test next to your Passport (thats the way the UK does it anyway). 

Realistically, people will forget or just not do it and the ATK idea will just dissipate.

Most of this is just Theatre so that those in positions of power can look like they are taking all precautions so that those panicking about arriving foreigners will be a little less neurotic about the minimal risk. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

My guess is they’d want to Photo of the a Negative Antigen test next to your Passport (thats the way the UK does it anyway). 

Sounds "reasonable" but yes, as you mentioned, pure theatre. Was also curious if it mentioned the other somewhat ludicrous requirement of showing it to "staff" or if they are already letting that little gem fade into oblivion 555

I arrived in Phuket on the 2 November, yesterday and they did not ask about morchana or Thailand plus and I did not raise the question. I still cannot use the apps and presume there is nothing I can do about it.

45 minutes ago, Zyte said:

I arrived in Phuket on the 2 November, yesterday and they did not ask about morchana or Thailand plus and I did not raise the question. I still cannot use the apps and presume there is nothing I can do about it.

Nobody mentioned the app to me either. However, there is a poster in the terminal saying you have to install an app.

Anyway, after learning about the reappearance at Google Play, I just installed the new version of the Morchana app, and it seems to work; although, it for some reason categorizes me as Medium Risk immediately after installing the app.

By the way, I see no way to enter the ATK test result.

About the registering: The new version of the app requires a Thailand Pass ID. I didn't try to scan my COE QR code; however, the COE ID number was accepted when I entered the information manually. I will give the app a test run and if it makes my life easier (registering entry to various places) and if it does not hog the battery, I will keep it.

I took the advice and reloaded morchana and entered the coe number successfully , thanks for that. The DIY test kit was handed out at the airport with no instructions , I left it at the bottom of my bag until today , I would have left it there permanently, I thought it was some sort of a gift , if not for a casual remark from the hotel staff it would still be there , it has no instructions at all. I looked at U- tube videos on lateral flow tests which I presume it is , they all look similar and fairly easy to do. How you upload to an app is anyones guess. I have morchana that says I am a medium risk side by side with Thailand plus saying that I am a very low risk , neither of them have a facility for uploading the test results , I will photograph the test results and keep the picture as a record if I can’t upload it.

I also tried to fill in the COE code (the code on the upper left hand corner of the COE) manually in the Moh Chana app, but that got rejected.

I have no idea how to get the app running without having a Thailand Pass number.

• 2 weeks later...