Ultrasonic Cleaner

Yellowtail

I have an small (2.5l) ultrasonic cleaner I brought over in 2016 and never used. I am finally getting around to the projects I bought it for and have a few questions. 

1. It is rated for 120 60Hz. I have a good transformer, but not sure how likely it it is that it will work at all on 50z, and if it does work, how long it should continue working. 

2. If anyone has experience using one, any suggestions about fluids and whatnot would be appreciated. 

I want to use it primarily for degreasing old parts and assembles. 

A warning to be very careful after cleaning to lube properly as such units can be too good at removal.  This from cleaning Teletype equipment many decades ago.

As for the Hz suspect nothing to lose as there no reasonable fix for that so if dies so be it.   

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

A warning to be very careful after cleaning to lube properly as such units can be too good at removal.  This from cleaning Teletype equipment many decades ago.

As for the Hz suspect nothing to lose as there no reasonable fix for that so if dies so be it.   

Yeah, that's kind of my plan, but I don't want to buy a lot of solvent and have it go south after a few uses...

I imported it from the US and it was only about $100...