Visa - Retirement Extension

In the past, I have normally renewed by visa extension within a week of the expiry of the old one. However, this year it would be convenient for me to renew it 2 weeks before the old one expires. Does anyone know if there is a stipulated maximum period prior to expiry within which time the extension may be renewed?

In the past, I have normally renewed by visa extension within a week of the expiry of the old one. However, this year it would be convenient for me to renew it 2 weeks before the old one expires. Does anyone know if there is a stipulated maximum period prior to expiry within which time the extension may be renewed?

Up to 1 month beforeis fine

I renewed on day 5 for an expiry the following month day 4

Good luck

Believe it or not, I did it more than two months before expiry last year, I just said I would be traveling out of country - no problem.

chintee, which Immigration Office?

Suan Plu. Main office in Bangkok. Actually, I was prepared to tell them that story, but nobody asked, they just processed it cleanly, got my renewal, got the multiple re-entry and left.

Only just got my first extension so this is a question for the immediate future: would an early application, give 1 year from the date of the renewal or from the current expiry of visa? So that by applying say 2 months early are you effectively writing off those 2 months?

Only just got my first extension so this is a question for the immediate future: would an early application, give 1 year from the date of the renewal or from the current expiry of visa? So that by applying say 2 months early are you effectively writing off those 2 months?

No. Everything is correct from your date of expiry.

Immigration from reports would like to see you at the 3-4 weeks before expiration of extension period. Anything earlier that one month will normally require an explanation (tickets for travel).

• 4 weeks later...
Immigration from reports would like to see you at the 3-4 weeks before expiration of extension period. Anything earlier that one month will normally require an explanation (tickets for travel).

My retirement visa runs out 15th July and the nice lady at Pattaya IM said on the phone just now that I can come in at any time earlier to renew it. She said the date of the new visa will be the date it is issued (ie tomorrow) and will run for one year from tomorrows date but as I am away when it is due I dont mind losing the couple of weeks.

I believe she was mistaken or that office is using a local policy as it should run from the current permitted to stay date. I have never heard of anyone losing time for early TM.7 application and all offices ask that you indeed do it early.

I believe she was mistaken or that office is using a local policy as it should run from the current permitted to stay date. I have never heard of anyone losing time for early TM.7 application and all offices ask that you indeed do it early.

Interesting and thanks for that will let you know the outcome in the next few days.

When I applied for my first one I did so on the 18th August and got my retirement visa no problems but they back dated to 15th July to match my last entry stamp. I was on a 1 year multi Non IM O type visa then. Weird.