window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({article:'auto'}); !function (e, f, u, i) { if (!document.getElementById(i)){ e.async = 1; e.src = u; e.id = i; f.parentNode.insertBefore(e, f); } }(document.createElement('script'), document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0], '//cdn.taboola.com/libtrc/aseannow/loader.js', 'tb_loader_script'); if(window.performance && typeof window.performance.mark == 'function') {window.performance.mark('tbl_ic');} Jump to content

I'm looking for an outfit from which to buy the health/Covid insurance.

15 hours ago, Enzian said:

Re: Sheryl.   As I understand it, I would only need coverage for the period I am stamped in, which is determined by the ending date of one's re-entry permit (Dec. 20 '21 in my case.) Is that still the same and correct? So then the question is, a company that has a 30 day option. But the travel insurance suggestion is helpful, assuming the Thai system recognizes it.

Correct

And for just 30 days cover, travel insurance is best option

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2021 at 4:39 PM, night_rider said:

To the issue of the USD 50,000 maximum coverage...

I exchanged emails today with Mister Prakan. They indicate that most policy offerings are still at the USD 100k level because of the recent change and new policies must be approved by the Insurance commission in Thailand. They estimated that new policies at that level might receive approval by mid month.

This is really interesting

I was about to buy insurance from Mister Prakan at the USD 50k level and now you're telling me these are not yet approved ? (until mid-november)

How will we get to know when these have been approved ? 

And why are they selling it *right now* while they're not approved yet ?

So, to be on the safe side one would think buying the USD 100k level would be better ?

Thanks a lot

Also you may want to double check your policy from Mr. Prakan. While they have a search field for 50k COVID policies they are all still returning policies with 3,500,000 baht (USD 100k) coverage.

https://misterprakan.com/en/pass/plans?cr=VW5pdGVkIFN0YXRlcw==&nal=VW5pdGVkIFN0YXRlcw==&des=VGhhaWxhbmQ=&dob=MTUvMTIvMTk2Ng==&sd=MjIvMTEvMjAyMQ==&ed=MjIvMTEvMjAyMg==&dur=12&age=55&ct=th-en&lp=VGhhaWxhbmQgSW5ib3VuZCBQYXNz

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, night_rider said:

No if you're finding 50k policies they have been approved. I know AXA has one out in the last day or so. Hopefully the rest will follow.

that AXA $50k policy is a bit weird. they wait until right at the end to ask you if you have a chronic disease for which you take medication or get injections and if you answer honestly, eg. gout they say "apologize, not eligible, on yer bike!"

so I redid and said no and then it let me proceed. still working out what to do. maybe I misunderstood the question.