New Normal Arrival At Heathrow

18 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Leaving BKK Qatar staff asked for my PCR test. I said it wasn't needed because I'm doubled jabbed. They weren't sure. I actually did one 'just in case' because I'm not double jabbed under one country's programme.

I arrived at LHR on 8th August, queue at immigration was huge but fortunately an officer said UK passports could use the E gates and opened the lane barrier right next to me, straight through in minutes. I had had my docs very thoroughly checked at the gate in Frankfurt.

You can say your double jabbed but some 'Jobsworth' may not accept your proof. Neither the UK or Thailand will put both jabs on the same certificate. I was in the same boat and have statements to that effect from both the NHS and the Mor Phrom team.

When I came back to Thailand the London Embassy rejected my vaccination status but fortunately the DCO at the airport accepted the info I had and I was stamped in as vaccinated, reducing the quarantine.

Yesterday I went for a third jab and now have a certificate showing 2 jabs on the same certificate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Neither the UK or Thailand will put both jabs on the same certificate.

Both of mine are - from Thailand?

I had had my docs very thoroughly checked at the gate in Frankfurt.

This was the slowest and busiest part of the journey for me. Sunday morning in Frankfurt and one guy was being a definite jobsworth. Took an hour to get everybody through the gate for the onward flight to LHR.

I will be traveling to LHR from Bkk in 10 days time using Singapore Airline. I am fully vaccinated with Pfizer. My partner Thai is not vaccinated. Will she be able to use the E lane with me as she used to before covid. Anyone here with the knowledge to offer advice. Thanks 

I arrived at LHR on 8th August, queue at immigration was huge but fortunately an officer said UK passports could use the E gates and opened the lane barrier right next to me, straight through in minutes. I had had my docs very thoroughly checked at the gate in Frankfurt.

You can say your double jabbed but some 'Jobsworth' may not accept your proof. Neither the UK or Thailand will put both jabs on the same certificate. I was in the same boat and have statements to that effect from both the NHS and the Mor Phrom team.

When I came back to Thailand the London Embassy rejected my vaccination status but fortunately the DCO at the airport accepted the info I had and I was stamped in as vaccinated, reducing the quarantine.

Yesterday I went for a third jab and now have a certificate showing 2 jabs on the same certificate.

What is the chance of a UK national with UK passport getting turned away by UK immigration staff for any reason? Where would they go? Back to Thailand? Then turned away there which would be certain because you are not going to pay for their insurance scams etc, etc? Back and forward? I don't think so.

Surely when you are on a plane to the UK you are not going to have to worry about getting in.

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

Neither the UK or Thailand will put both jabs on the same certificate. I was in the same boat and have statements to that effect from both the NHS and the Mor Phrom team.

I'm thinking of getting a third jab while here in UK just so I have proof of full vaccination from one country. Can only make travel easier, or at least less subject to the vagaries of some jobsworth's interpretation of 'double jabbed'.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, topt said:

Both of mine are - from Thailand?

This was the slowest and busiest part of the journey for me. Sunday morning in Frankfurt and one guy was being a definite jobsworth. Took an hour to get everybody through the gate for the onward flight to LHR.

Are you saying that you have a UK vaccination on a certificate from Thailand. The Mor Phrom people told me that couldn't be done.

Yes, it was a bit tedious at Frankfurt but they started well before the gate opened, they stamped your boarding card and you couldn't get through the gate without the stamp. I just went up when there was no queue and sat down again. It was strict, people were having to redo the PLF because they had not put the seat number on it.

26 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

I'm thinking of getting a third jab while here in UK just so I have proof of full vaccination from one country. Can only make travel easier, or at least less subject to the vagaries of some jobsworth's interpretation of 'double jabbed'.

Probably best bet. The NHS told me they were working on the problem but I wouldn't hold my breath.

National Customer Service Team (NHS App and Login)

24 Sep 2021, 21:03 BST

Thank you for contacting us with your issue. 
At the moment vaccinations administered overseas are not currently captured in the UK vaccination database. As a result of this the NHS COVID Pass service is unable to generate the COVID Pass or Letter. 
The NHS is currently working on a solution to this issue; however, this may take some time and we thank you for your continued patience.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What is the chance of a UK national with UK passport getting turned away by UK immigration staff for any reason? Where would they go? Back to Thailand? Then turned away there which would be certain because you are not going to pay for their insurance scams etc, etc? Back and forward? I don't think so.

Surely when you are on a plane to the UK you are not going to have to worry about getting in.

You obviously missed the fact that I got my UK vaccination after I arrived in the UK.

I had to show proof of vaccination in a pub in Dublin, put my thumb over the first dose on the NHS card so he didn't notice it was missing.

2 minutes ago, topt said:

No. Sorry must have misunderstood your post.

I said this "I was in the same boat ", meaning the same as the person I answered who had one jab in Thailand and one jab in UK.

Neither country will put overseas jabs on their certificate.

At least Thailand will provide a certificate for a single dose, more than the UK is prepared to do.

17 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You obviously missed the fact that I got my UK vaccination after I arrived in the UK.

I had to show proof of vaccination in a pub in Dublin, put my thumb over the first dose on the NHS card so he didn't notice it was missing.

I wasn't really referring to you, but your post just set me thinking.

It's been like that for months @ LHR. Just walk through the door. All the self isolation and testing is/was your own responsibility if you came from a Yellow country. If a plane comes from a 'red' country, then everyone is met at the gate and gets taken off separately. 

On 11/3/2021 at 7:59 AM, sandyf said:

It was strict, people were having to redo the PLF because they had not put the seat number on it.

I hadn't been allocated a seat when I filled in the PLF on 30 October and it was all accepted okay - in fact I don't think it asked for a seat number, just flight no and arrival time? Didn't have to upload any pics of vaccine certs either etc. I just selected Thailand as the country of vaccination given that it was where I completed the two doses. The Passenger Form doesn't have an option for Dose 1 Country A / Dose 2 Country B (or at least, it didn't on 30 Oct).