IPad Battery Replacement?

Danderman123

I have an iPad Air 2...the battery is supposed to last 10 hours!  I had the original battery replaced at a kiosk in Market Village in Hua Hin.  The replacement battery didn't last any longer than the original!  When I got back to the US...I changed it again in August at a shop called "Batteries Plus" in Oregon.  I don't think they did a  damn thing other than keep it for about a week, & charged me $100 for the privilege!  It's still now only lasting 2 to 3 hours at best!  Batteries Plus said I could bring it back in, & they would take a look at it!  I don't need to them to look at it;  I  just need them to replace the damn battery with a genuine Lithium one from Apple like they were supposed to do in the 1st place!  I sure hope you have better luck than I did in finding a quality replacement batttery!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I have a 5 year old IPad, and the battery doesn’t seem to last very long. Is IPad battery replacement something that can be done in Thailand, or should I wait until I am back in the USA?

Is it common for IPad batteries to wear out?

All batteries wear out they have a limited number of recharges available.

Yes the battery is replaceable in Thailand. 
My recommendation is to get a genuine apple battery replacement as there are a vast number of cheap low quality batteries. The Apple repair stores are all over Thailand, cost is ฿ 3,300.

If your iPad is in perfect condition it is possible that you will get a replacement reconditioned unit rather than actually getting the battery actually replaced in your iPad 

iPad battery and power in Thailand

battery charge

If your battery has a problem that is covered by the Apple Limited Warranty, AppleCare+, or consumer law. We'll service your iPad or Apple Pencil at no additional cost. We'll test your iPad to determine if it has battery issues or other power issues. We'll let you know the cost of the repair after we've investigated the cause of the problem.

Our warranty does not cover batteries that deteriorate from normal use. If your battery wears out We offer repairs for out-of-warranty batteries for a fee. If you have AppleCare+, your iPad or Apple Pencil is covered at no additional cost if your product's battery holds a low charge in the battery. more than 80 percent of the original battery capacity

battery service Under warranty or 
have an AppleCare plan?
not under warranty
All other eligible iPad models ฿ 0 ฿ 3,300
Apple Pencil (1st and 2nd generation) ฿ 0 ฿ 1,100

7 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

I have an iPad Air 2...the battery is supposed to last 10 hours!  I had the original battery replaced at a kiosk in Market Village in Hua Hin.  The replacement battery didn't last any longer than the original!  When I got back to the US...I changed it again in August at a shop called "Batteries Plus" in Oregon.  I don't think they did a  damn thing other than keep it for about a week, & charged me $100 for the privilege!  It's still now only lasting 2 to 3 hours at best!  Batteries Plus said I could bring it back in, & they would take a look at it!  I don't need to them to look at it;  I  just need them to replace the damn battery with a genuine Lithium one from Apple like they were supposed to do in the 1st place!  I sure hope you have better luck than I did in finding a quality replacement batttery!

Regrettably you got a low quality battery at a lower than Apple replacement price.

There are many cheap batteries produced. Few independent repairers actually get the genuine Apple battery, fewer still try to educate customers as to why they should pay the higher price that they need to to get the original quality.

Most people do not Do the calculations that means the genuine replacement at an apple service Center will actually cost about ฿ 1.8 per day (assuming 5 years lifetime)

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1