Enlarged prostate treatment (Rezum)

Adelphi

2 hours ago, connda said:

Yeah, Cipro is effective but it buggers up your tendons.  Used it to get rid of a case of h.pylori but then suffered knee problems for close to a year.  They're back to normal and no more h.pylori issues but that's a last ditch treatment imho.

Agree with you regarding ciprofloxacin, however there are other just as effective antibiotics out there for UTIs, and one that has been forgotten (old antibiotic) is fosfomycin, which has shown good results in treating UTIs, and the side effects are the usual with ordinary antibiotics, however taking it for three days often does the trick. Augmentin is another good safe standby, as is Trimethoprim 

I won't go anywhere near any of the fluoroquinolones again after my last episode with a belligerent urologist, and previous tendon problems.

2 hours ago, connda said:

What brand do you use and where do you buy it?

I buy alot of herbal supplements from Swansons. They are in the US, and very well priced. Usually I just carry them back on my frequent trips. Puritan's pride is also quite good and a bargain. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having used the search button to look for prostate, I came up with nothing, however I knew that there were prostate-related posts here, so I thought this might be a place I could post an article from a New Zealand newspaper concerning a new prostate cancer treatment which may provide some hope for the future as it has already been used in the UK............

Game changing' surgery could cure prostate cancer.......

Prostate cancer could be cured with a "game changing" one-hour operation that uses electric currents to destroy the most difficult to reach tumours.
The pioneering treatment has been used to treat the disease for the first time on the NHS, with surgeons saying the breakthrough could offer hope to thousands of men.
Treatments offered normally involve surgery to remove the prostate, or radiotherapy, both of which can cause distressing side-effects such as problems with urination, incontinence and loss of sexual function.
Surgeons said the new therapy, called NanoKnife, which has been used to treat prostate cancer patients at University College London Hospital (UCLH), was "amazingly simple and quick".

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...