Crispin Paton Smith - Innocent Or Guilty?

I recognise that fella from July 97 in the old Christies or he must have double.

He stuck the nut on a LB - a right good one as well.

No build up - just walked in and did it. Stayed there drinking afterwards and no gangs jumping on him.

Looking at the emails sent to Crispins site, this one struck me as optomistic, to say the least;

looked at the website and would like to help.

how many people can you get to pledge some monies,

lets say 100 people put in 50,000 b each,what do you think .

Best to get peoples names ,

count me in for 50,000 john gerald (1).

get back to me on your thoughts.....

Yeh, good luck with that cry to the masses son. Lets see how many replies you get.

I never met the bloke. I cant believe that after a few years living on the island, i fail to recal facial hair like that. Either way, it does seem very injust.... just look at the rap sheet. No way in hel_l is any guy past or present capable of running up a stream of offences like that, without alarm bells ringing at an earlier stage.

If he is suspected of someting - try him. if not, let him go. It beggers belief that he has spent 9 months in the Hilton, with nearly all of his charges dropped. With just 2 charged remaining - why cant they move forward?

Seems unfair to me. Very unfair.

I wish the guy all the best and a fair outcome.

lets hope he is out soon, for me you could not meet a nicer bloke. all this time and no outcome, as previous post says lets not turn it into guilty not guilty post but base it on the facts still no charges been proven. should not been banged away.<snip>

Good luck Crispen

Edited by Totster

Please note that solicitations for funding are not allowed by the administration without previous permission, which the OP did not seek.

The URL has been removed per admin decision and the thread closed. If news of a verdict comes out, feel free to start a new thread without the URL soliciting funds.

• 7 months later...

I have just received an update by PM from a friend of Crispin's

+

++CRISPIN RELEASED+++

27 December 2007 7pm; Following an 18month incarceration in Bangkok’s notorious Klong Prem Prison a.k.a. 'The Bangkok Hilton', Crispin Paton Smith was released without charges. This release amounts to a de-facto exoneration by Thai officialdom of Crispin's conduct. Crispin's British passport was returned to him, and permission extended to him by the Thai authorities to remain in Thailand.

He has requested that people refrain from further comments as Crispin would like to return to life as normal as quickly and quietly as possible.

So, bearing that request in mind, this thread remains closed