How far in advance does a sandbox trip need to be booked?

I'm fully vaccinated and have a flight booked for 29 Nov. I haven't made my Thailand Pass application just yet. It semed better to give it some time for teething troubles, plus they're probably / understandably going to prioritize departures earlier in the month.

I'm not 100% confident that my Thailand pass application will go through because I only have a CDC card - no passport number on the card and no QR code.

I was thinking if they knock it back I'll just switch to the sandbox, but now I'm not sure there'll be time. It seems they're not looking at the applications until a few days before, and it could be that all the (half-decent) sandbox flights / hotels have gone by then.

Does that sound likely, and should I maybe book a sandbox hotel now and not bother with test and go?

I only have a CDC card, too.  Does this mean I will be rejected for one day Q?

My CDC card does not have Passport # or QR code.

I'm planning on returning to Thailand in December.  I hope things will be easier by then.

Edited by LALes

12 minutes ago, LALes said:

I only have a CDC card, too.  Does this mean I will be rejected for one day Q?

My CDC card does not have Passport # or QR code.

I'm planning on returning to Thailand in December.  I hope things will be easier by then.

Thailand is accepting the US CDC card even though it only has name, DOB, vaccination date(s) and vaccine batch/lot #s.

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Why on earth would he apply for quarantine when he's fully vaccinated?

Depends what country you're travelling from.

I just did 7 days due to coming from West African country - fully vaxxed human.

I will do Pattaya Sandbox next time ( if same rules apply ) as i have a condo there but guess i'll still need to sleep in Q hotel at nights....

Edited by HashBrownHarry
  • Like 2

Still too many rules.... too much uncertainty.  A country can become a red zone for Thailand just before your holiday starts and then you loose all the money. Look what is happening in the northern Europe. 84% vaccinated. Hospitals are flooded now with corona patients.  Do they really think this will not come to Thailand? Do you really think Thailand will not remove these countries from their list soon?  It's a gamble i do not want to take given what we have seen the last 20 months

18 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

Still too many rules.... too much uncertainty.  A country can become a red zone for Thailand just before your holiday starts and then you loose all the money. Look what is happening in the northern Europe. 84% vaccinated. Hospitals are flooded now with corona patients.  Do they really think this will not come to Thailand? Do you really think Thailand will not remove these countries from their list soon?  It's a gamble i do not want to take given what we have seen the last 20 months

Most airlines / hotels etc will refund you somehow, likely not a refund as such ( but possibly ) but you should be able to re-book at a later date.

The choice is yours, come or not.....no one elses.

• Like 1