Just 10 tourists test positive for COVID-19 since Thailand reopening

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, Bobydog said:

Not according to an earlier announcement by Thai Gov, "No Test Required"

so thai's aren't tested before the depart.

wonder if those 15  now that have tested positive on arrival were thais or...

please those in charge, let us know

• Like 1

Hows that possible aren't the People C19 Tested before the Flight?  Don't they have to have a Neg Test before they are aloud to Travel ?If they tested Neg How can there be Pos ones on the Planes .Something wrong somewhere in the system I would say.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Hows that possible aren't the People C19 Tested before the Flight?  Don't they have to have a Neg Test before they are aloud to Travel ?If they tested Neg How can there be Pos ones on the Planes .Something wrong somewhere in the system I would say.

It can be 4+ days between pre flight test and arrival test at your hotel, enough time to pick up covid and test positive on arrival is my guess, or possibly freshly infected with covid and it's not advanced enough to be picked up on your pre flight test ??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

So 10 the 1st 4 days and 5 positives next 2
from Richard Barrow

Statistics about travellers arriving at Suvarnbhumi Airport in first 6 days of the reopening
✅ 12,978 travellers arrived
✅ 11,478 were doing Test & Go
✅ 532 were doing the 7-day Sandbox
✅ 968 were doing 7-10 day quarantine
✅ Only 5 of these travellers tested positive (0.04%)
Statistics about travellers flying into Chiang Mai, Phuket & Samui
???? Key: arrivals (number tested positive)
✅ Chiang Mai: Test & Go 83 (0)
✅ Phuket: Test & Go 887 (3), Sandbox 5,813 (7), Quarantine 22 (0)
✅ Samui: Test & Go 116 (0), Sandbox 193 (0)
✅ 0.07% of arrivals at 4 airports tested positive

Richard Barrow??? What??? Is he employed by TAT?

7 hours ago, RBOP said:

Hospital. Thats what the insurance is for.

Of this very small percentage that showed positive, how many would not be able to pay the costs them selves? The forced insurance is just a money grab. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, internationalism said:

they are rather not tourists.

Large part, probably majority, are thai citizens. They did not come for holidays, but rather to visit their families.

The rest are expats, businessmen, foreign workers.

They all came in on COE rules, as TP was just launched days before and with hiccups.

They were holding their return in October, waiting for liberalisation of rules from November.

There are 6 categories at TP application form (probably same was of CEO form), including travel/tourism, but those 13k are from all groups.

Those statistics will be played up by TAT as success, but in reality they are failure

Question: Why would anyone travel as a tourist to Thailand with Bars and entertainment closed ??? … Tell the truth that it will take another 2 years to get any resemblance of healthy levels of tourists

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

the title of this article mentions only tourists, not travellers.

It's done on purpose, as the government propaganda, that thailand is wide opened, while in reality very few foreigners and tourists are coming. 

In phuket sandbox only some 25% were genuine tourists. Most likely the same trend will be with AS and TP. Just very early steps to true opening.  

As to true covid positive travellers that figure is changing in every government report. They might even downplay it on purpose, as not to scare tourists. They haven't mentioned those in close contact to infected, who also are required to be put in hospital or hospitel for 10 days isolation

Nonesense.  The article lists the nationalities  of the passengers. You are BS ing...but why lie? What are you doing?

53 minutes ago, Millcx said:

Question: Why would anyone travel as a tourist to Thailand with Bars and entertainment closed ??? … Tell the truth that it will take another 2 years to get any resemblance of healthy levels of tourists

but 40mln in 2019 did not all travel for booze and whores.

some 2.9mln (almost 10% of total) were medical tourists (treatments, operations, drug and alcohol detox)

half of tourists are families, with kids.

large proportion are seniors, pensioners coming for several months during winter for sunshine and vid D.

asian tourists were coming just for weekend shopping - from malaysians, to chinese.

chinese were coming in large quantities around chinese new year and other.

A lot of sportsmen - diving and other water one, muay thai, sailing and yachting.

51 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nonesense.  The article lists the nationalities  of the passengers. You are BS ing...but why lie? What are you doing?

no, article only mentions origin of travel, not passport holders. 

I have blocked you a long time ago, not for rude and argumentative tone to my posts, but directed to others. All in a similar manner as this above. Very primitive, troglodyte level.

On the other hand my post was liked by some 13 members, with only you commenting it negatively 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, digger70 said:

We are two years into this and your disregard for the facts of how this spreads and why is clearly obvious.  This isn't a sincere question, this is either baiting or you should see a neurologist.  

• Haha 1

Whatever the passports these visitors held, based on the numbers, it appears as if Thailand is receiving around 10 international flights a day.  10 a day.  For all of Thailand.

I don't think Thailand is going to dig itself out of any financial holes with this number.

This is a good news story.   It does not matter to me if these people were.

A. Tourists, B. Travelers, C. returning expats, D. Dual citizen Thais who live elsewhere for

part of the year.  Good to hear that some brave people have returned to Thailand

for a vacation, long stay, or short time holiday, they are all in a tropical country, where

a lot of us would like to escape Winter to.

Geezer

If you are negative but sit near a positive, you will send to the quarantine or not ? That's is the important stuff. No way an insurance will covers that, you can easily lost a lot of money. Any idea how high are the cost for a special price for you my friend thaï quarantine ? Thank you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

The burning question which has not been answered is were the infected actually tourists or returnees and where were they travelling from

Could they possibly be Thai returning from work overseas, or where did they come from,and we’re they tested before boarding?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

The burning question which has not been answered is were the infected actually tourists or returnees and where were they travelling from

What difference does it make if they were tourists or returnees? All came from abroad.........

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tonypandy said:

Shouldn't it say 10 double vaccinated tourists tested positive, because you have to be to get into the country. 

I thought that at first but we still have another group being allowed into Thailand..... expecting to go into quarantine.

• Like 1