Just 10 tourists test positive for COVID-19 since Thailand reopening

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I thought that at first but we still have another group being allowed into Thailand..... expecting to go into quarantine.

From the headlines this is referring to tourists on the new scheme, must be double vaccinated. And in this day and age of one sided media reporting if they were unvaccinated it would have said so. 

17 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

That's the thing. I wonder how many tourists' insurance policies actually cover hospitalization when they don't need medical treatment. Mine certainly doesn't and I have a very good insurance with high coverage on just about anything. No exclusions. No non-Thai insurer is gonna cough up the costs for a hospital when you can just go into isolation until the infection is gone.

I really hope Thailand will review their policy. It's also the very reason why I will never have myself tested here. I am fully vaccinated but in no way covered for aforementioned high costs. I've been in the country since before the crisis started.

I told friends and family about this situation and it's keeping them far away from this country for the time being. No one wants to risk being hospitalized for no reason.

It is not for 'no reason'. If you are infected with covid 19 you are ill. Just because at the time of testing someone is not showing obvious symptoms does not mean illness and symptoms are not going to manifest in the following days. Just as with being knocked unconscious  recovering and feeling fine there is still a danger of concussion thus observation is required. It's possible to have syphilis and show no symptoms but that does not mean you healthy and not in need of treatment.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, internationalism said:

that's the ministerial plan, to be implemented shortly.

as well as cancelling requirement for the pcr before departure to thailand - that one might be implemented within 2 weeks.

After richard barrow bulletins 

Can you post a link with more info, please?  Thanks you

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blumpie said:

We are two years into this and your disregard for the facts of how this spreads and why is clearly obvious.  This isn't a sincere question, this is either baiting or you should see a neurologist.  

I never claimed to be normal .they tell me that I am different.

But that's No reason for you to point to see a Quack or call it Bait .

Just speak for yourself  about yourself that's enough.

16 minutes ago, BestB said:

48.2 is national total, not CM.

25 October Chiang Mai's vaccination rate stood at over 51%, by now it would be around 705

I take it you did not bother to look at the link I provided? 

According to the Thailand based vaccine tracker it is 48.2% updated 6 Nov

Here is it again for you: https://covidtracker-th.netlify.app/

image.png.45eedbae9478a2b0bf99ed61f5949b0d.png

According to Official Department of Disease Control it is 48.3% updated 7 Nov

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/index.php?dashboard=province

image.png.aaf0ecece0db2fcb4a0e4042aa33fa25.png

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I take it you did not bother to look at the link I provided? 

According to the Thailand based vaccine tracker it is 48.2% updated 6 Nov

Here is it again for you: https://covidtracker-th.netlify.app/

image.png.45eedbae9478a2b0bf99ed61f5949b0d.png

According to Official Department of Disease Control it is 48.3% updated 7 Nov

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/index.php?dashboard=province

image.png.aaf0ecece0db2fcb4a0e4042aa33fa25.png

I take it you did not bother to do any research? when i gave you exact number and the date and as of 25 October published by Bangkok Post, it was over 51%  and they were vaccinating about 20 000 per day, so how did it come down to 48% 2 weeks later, did they unvaxed people?

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

I take it you did not bother to do any research? when i gave you exact number and the date and as of 25 October published by Bangkok Post, it was over 51%  and they were vaccinating about 20 000 per day, so how did it come down to 48% 2 weeks later, did they unvaxed people?

You have the link to official source updated daily there, argue with them or believe the B.P. who were obviously reporting on single jab figures not double......jeez

[email protected]

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea one of those that provides the evidence from official sources and its still ignored, one of those types..............

Indeed, another internet expert???? next quote TAT stats and then back it with its being official source and hence the correct one????????

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Indeed, another internet expert???? next quote TAT stats and then back it with its being official source and hence the correct one????????

No need its about vaccines not tourists and the other link from the vaccine tracker also confirmed what I said which is not from DDC

6 hours ago, digger70 said:

I never claimed to be normal .they tell me that I am different.

But that's No reason for you to point to see a Quack or call it Bait .

Just speak for yourself  about yourself that's enough.

Most speak for science and I"m not interested in yourself getting medical advice from Joe Rogan.  Just saying fraind.  (sic)

2 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

Not exactly.  It depends what cycle threshold  (CT) value is used for the test.  If you use a high enough one, it will give a false positive due to the miniscule amounts of similar viruses found in people.  PCR tests are generally run with a CT of 40, however it's generally acknowledged by the medical world that only those that show positive with a CT<27 are actually infectious.

Interesting name, you been in the Randy Bin lately?

Exactly, so using a CT of 40 when it's considered by the medical world 27 are actually infectious is dodgy. It doesn't tell you what CT they use on the test certificate either. 

On 11/8/2021 at 10:08 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

It is not for 'no reason'. If you are infected with covid 19 you are ill. Just because at the time of testing someone is not showing obvious symptoms does not mean illness and symptoms are not going to manifest in the following days. Just as with being knocked unconscious  recovering and feeling fine there is still a danger of concussion thus observation is required. It's possible to have syphilis and show no symptoms but that does not mean you healthy and not in need of treatment.

There is a pretty well defined distinction between a sars-cov-2 infection and covid-19. 50% of infected people get no symptoms whatsoever thus they are not ill. Vast majority of the rest gets mild cold-like symptoms. They have covid-19 but not severe enough to occupy a hospital bed. They simply stay at home. Only when you start needing medical care is when they take you in. This is how it goes in every developed country and is also how most insurance policies cover their clients. Infected but no or only mild covid-19 means no hospital.

Edited by AgentSmith
typo

On 11/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, AgentSmith said:

That's the thing. I wonder how many tourists' insurance policies actually cover hospitalization when they don't need medical treatment. Mine certainly doesn't and I have a very good insurance with high coverage on just about anything. No exclusions. No non-Thai insurer is gonna cough up the costs for a hospital when you can just go into isolation until the infection is gone.

I really hope Thailand will review their policy. It's also the very reason why I will never have myself tested here. I am fully vaccinated but in no way covered for aforementioned high costs. I've been in the country since before the crisis started.

I told friends and family about this situation and it's keeping them far away from this country for the time being. No one wants to risk being hospitalized for no reason.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1238858-tourist-faces-huge-bill-separation-from-family-after-testing-positive-on-arrival-in-thailand/

Like I said...