What are the current regulations when staying a month away from registered address?

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is not TM30 reporting or a TM27 requirement unless you change your address to a different different office.

Thank you for replying. So if I'm just a foreign local tourist for a month in another province and don't want to change address I don't need to do anything else than holidaying????️????

Felt

21 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Thank you for replying. So if I'm just a foreign local tourist for a month in another province and don't want to change address I don't need to do anything else than holidaying????️????

Felt

No, but you do nothing.

The places where you stay once you leave your 'home' province should register you via the TM 30 at the local immigration office. eg hotel or villa.

They will need to see your passport.

However, you do not have to 'report in' when you return to your normal address.

Staying on your local province is TM30 free.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 4:35 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes

I like it here for now and want to stay at this "holiday address" a little longer but do not want the hassle and paperwork with changing address and I have a 90 day report coming up just before Christmas so few days ago I asked the immigration here (one of the volunteers who are there to help us) and was told that with the copy of the report I had with me in hand from the apartment hotel I live temporarily that I could do the 90 day report to the relevant Immigration Office without changing my permanent address in Thailand. I was very thankful for that reply but come to think about it later on if it could be I misunderstand or the volunteer misunderstand me or have it really got so easy compared to previous years where we had to report change of the address promptly! If you or anyone else have some experience with this I would be grateful for info.

Thanks

Felt

11 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

I like it here for now and want to stay at this "holiday address" a little longer but do not want the hassle and paperwork with changing address and I have a 90 day report coming up just before

Do your 90 report via mail.

Last year I decided to stay 8 months on Koh Samet.

We live in Bangkok.

I did report via mail..

Made one trip during that time to obtain (renew) annual extension.

Just to add to above info re no need for TM30. 

That also applies to international travel.

Do nothing when you return with your reentry permit. 

Only file Tm30 if you reentered with new visa or exempt..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Do your 90 report via mail.

Last year I decided to stay 8 months on Koh Samet.

We live in Bangkok.

I did report via mail..

Made one trip during that time to obtain (renew) annual extension.

I was thinking about 90 day online but I guess it's not quite according to the rules, but then again by mail or 90 day online when anyway not on registered address when submitting the report, shouldn't make any difference, that of course don't make it right ???? ????

Felt

Edited by Felt 35

12 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

I was thinking about 90 day online but I guess it's not quite according to the rules, but then again by mail or 90 day online when anyway not on registered address when submitting the report, shouldn't make any difference, that of course don't make it right

The 90 day report in reality now is a report of your registered address.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The 90 day report in reality now is a report of your registered address.

Okay that's good. However and as in my question this morning the hotel/condo reporting slip and passport will not do for 90 day report then, as I was told?

Btw, is the 90 day online reporting up and going and what is the time frame before/after there again? I have used that system only once, sometime just after they launched that possibility.

Felt

11 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Okay that's good. However and as in my question this morning the hotel/condo reporting slip and passport will not do for 90 day report then, as I was told?

I assume by "reporting slip" you mean the TM30 receipt that the hotel did? Your registered address is now at the hotel, and you do your 90 day report at the local immigration office.

Edited by jackdd

8 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

That would possibley work but if done that way you would have to submit a TM30 report at your local office to change your address back to there.

8 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Btw, is the 90 day online reporting up and going and what is the time frame before/after there again? I have used that system only once, sometime just after they launched that possibility.

You can do it up to 15 days (14 days in reality) before your report date to the day your report it is due.

44 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Btw, is the 90 day online reporting up and going and what is the time frame before/after there again

Online is 15 before and up to due date.

Frankly this is a fuss about nothing.

Just do it via mail when traveling (or online if working for you).

You can prepare all that prior to travel.

Any hotel you stay at is irrelevant.

If done via mail obviously return address it to your "home address" in Thailand. 

Pic below of a 90 report done via mail when away from Bangkok. EMS tracking.

Note sent from Koh Samet island and arrived at CW immigration.

Chill.

Screenshot_20211127-155516.jpg

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Is this a recent change?   I thought that when they renew your yearly extension and observe a new reentry stamp supported by a new TM6, they would ask why you never renewed your existing TM30  within 24 hours of returning to Thailand. 

Because the TM 30 you then  produce at your next yearly extension renewal prior to your outward/ inward journey  would be out of date.

Edited by Raindancer

3 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Is this a recent change?   I thought that when they renew your yearly extension and observe a new reentry stamp supported by a new TM6, they would ask why you never renewed your TM30  within 24 hours of returning to Thailand. 

Because the TM 30 you then  produce at your next yearly extension renewal prior to your outward/ inward journey  would be out of date.

They are not supposed to but at least 1 Imm office does this (mine -- Prachinburi).. If yours is saying you have to do it then do it as you won't get anywhere arguing.

Can sometimes be done online (depending on whether the site os up or not). You have to register to be able to do that.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Is this a recent change?   I thought that when they renew your yearly extension and observe a new reentry stamp supported by a new TM6, they would ask why you never renewed your existing TM30  within 24 hours of returning to Thailand. 

It is recent change. 

Despite what some immigration offices try and pull....TM30 has nothing to do with annual extensions. For that matter neither does 90 day report.

As I posted earlier if you travel internationally and upon reentry you DO NOT file a TM30.

Only required if you returned on new visa or visa exempt entry.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

That was changed in a new regulation done by immigration in June of last year.

A TM30 report is only needed if you change your registered address or if you are on a extension of stay and entered using a re-entry permit or entered with a multiple entry visa. A report is only required if you enter with a new visa.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

They are not supposed to but at least 1 Imm office does this (mine -- Prachinburi).. If yours is saying you have to do it then do it as you won't get anywhere arguing.

Can sometimes be done online (depending on whether the site os up or not). You have to register to be able to do that.

Thank you.  I have always renewed mine.  And attached a copy to my annual renewal. 

I will continue to have a copy in my backup file, just in case.   In all my years here, never had to argue/contest paperwork requirements.  Guess I have been lucky or just had all my ducks in a row. ????   

Edited by Raindancer
Correction

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That was changed in a new regulation done by immigration in June of last year.

A TM30 report is only needed if you change your registered address or if you are on a extension of stay and entered using a re-entry permit or entered with a multiple entry visa. A report is only required if you enter with a new visa.

Very many thanks ubonjoe.

Good to know. 

6 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

I will continue to have a copy in my backup file, just in case.   In all my years here, never had to argue contest paperwork requirements

Perhaps off topic but by way of example....

A very helpful member posted detailed report of extension retirement at CW. 

On summary list of what was required he listed TM30 and 90 day report.

I had a different view...and in fact did exact same extension a week later. I did not provide a TM30 or 90 report.

The point is some folk provide something for the io that's not actually required. Some io would push it back and some might accept.

The assumption then becomes it's a requirement.

Of course never hurts to take along the kitchen sink just in case it's asked for.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

The point is some folk provide something for the io that's not actually required. Some io would push it back and some might accept.

The assumption then becomes it's a requirement.

Of course never hurts to take along the kitchen sink just in case it's asked for.

Very good point!  Our immigration office in CM have just accepted all my paperwork and never commented.  Next time I will keep 90 day and TM separate and see what transpires.

6 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Next time I will keep 90 day and TM separate and see what transpires.

Just example of my CW experience. My 90 report was due.

I keep report receipt and always take along "just in case".

The io noticed it on "my side of desk". Grabbed it and on his computer started entering data as he noticed my report due date was Oct 28 and I was doing extension with him Nov 2 (4 days past due date).

I quickly informed him that I had already posted report via mail.

He quickly stopped and slid the receipt back to me. 

Very switched on helpful io.

Bottom line is my 90 report receipt not required.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Very good point!  Our immigration office in CM have just accepted all my paperwork and never commented.  Next time I will keep 90 day and TM separate and see what transpires.

If I remember correctly in CM there is a sign next to the entrance which says something like "No extension without TM30".

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That would possibley work but if done that way you would have to submit a TM30 report at your local office to change your address back to there.

You can do it up to 15 days (14 days in reality) before your report date to the day your report it is due.

I was told that and that's ok for me. Two different offices and practice/ attitude IME.

Felt

7 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

I like it here for now and want to stay at this "holiday address" a little longer but do not want the hassle and paperwork with changing address and I have a 90 day report coming up just before Christmas so few days ago I asked the immigration here (one of the volunteers who are there to help us) and was told that with the copy of the report I had with me in hand from the apartment hotel I live temporarily that I could do the 90 day report to the relevant Immigration Office without changing my permanent address in Thailand. I was very thankful for that reply but come to think about it later on if it could be I misunderstand or the volunteer misunderstand me or have it really got so easy compared to previous years where we had to report change of the address promptly! If you or anyone else have some experience with this I would be grateful for info.

Thanks

Felt

I had an extended temporary stay in Phuket ( 7 months ), my registered address is BKK, same as Dr Jack's situation, 90 day report by EMS post 15 days prior to due date ( TM47 filled out with BKK address ), a lady in the BKK condo office posted my next 90 notification mail to me in Phuket and I affixed it in my passport.......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If I remember correctly in CM there is a sign next to the entrance which says something like "No extension without TM30".

Yes just another nuff nuff immigration office playing big boy pants. 

Of course if the sign refers to extension ie covid extension then I have no issue.

If it's eg annual extension then it's rubbish request. 

24 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Yep....last time I went.  But that was in April.  May have been taken down by now.  I am sure any CM members who have uptodate info, will advise.

A few years ago or more the Male Front desk Sgt with the Mike, showed us all the new plasticised  card about 4x6 with Tm 30 instructions.....if you leave your home and travel to another city anywhere in Thailand, and even within your province for any reason for ANY period of time, you must report to the city/Town main police office.  And when you return to Chiang Mai City  you must complete TM 30 within 24 hours....blah blah blah.

Absolute nonsense that I'm sure no one bothered with.  Fancy travelling for 20 kms or so for a day out and going through all that!!

Edited by Raindancer
Spelling