Does anyone have experience of using Payoneer in Thailand?

I have a Paypal account linked to my Thai bank through which I receive money from abroad. It seems that from February 2022 this may no longer be possible (there is a thread running about this topic). Is anyone currently using Payoneer to receive payments and if so have you been informed of any changes to their service? I do have a Payoneer account but have never used it.

Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

I have a payoneer account, AFAIK its fine to receive payment as an individual, it’s not possible to send money as an individual. I can’t even send money to a colleague with the money paid into my payoneer account. 

There’s another post about sending invoices via payoneer.

I get a monthly payment from payoneer, some people had hiccups at the start, sometimes the system goes a bit wonky and there are problems for individuals, but I have been really happy with them for a couple of years now. PayPal charges are ridiculous, I think I was paying around $400-500 a month in charges.

Edited by recom273

Hi recom273, many thanks for the info.

I only wish to receive funds via Payoneer so that's ok.  It seems that some Paypal accounts will no longer be able to receive funds after Feb. next year so I'm wondering if Payoneer will be similarly affected.

I have a Payoneer account that I use with iTalki for my online teaching. (iTalki pays out using Paypal or Payoneer). It took months to get my Payoneer account operational, because their customer service is dire!  But now it is linked to my Thai and Lao bank accounts, and withdrawing funds from my Payoneer balance to either bank account works fine.

• Like 1