TH PASS RT-PCR Test from USA Question

If the certificate states it is a RT-PCR test it will be accepted.

For entry to Thailand the test result needs to be dated as issued 72 hours before your departure flight.

But some airlines want the test done within 72 hours.

5 hours ago, Deplane said:

Is the PCR test "72 hours prior to departure" from the originating airport or from a connecting flight? I have a flight from the USA to Japan, where I will connect to a different flight on the same airline.

It is the departing flight from the US not your connecting flight.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For entry to Thailand the test result needs to be dated as issued 72 hours before your departure flight.

Are you sure about that?

'Travellers are required to have negative RT-PCR test result tested within 72 hours before departure.'

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra

It would appear that Thai nationals are actually required to have a PCR test. I have heard many complain that it was unfair that they didn't have to have a PCR test.

Edited by bangkokbonecollector

If using a pharmacy like CVS or whatever, I recommend to check with the pharmacist at the location where you would do the test, to find out the current turnaround on results.   In the past, I have found them too "iffy" for RT-PCR results in time for a flight.

Edited by tjintx
Mis-spell
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2021 at 3:43 AM, ubonjoe said:

Sorry to bother you again Ubon with the same kind of question.
I am having my PCR test on Saturday with the result delivered on Monday and my flight departing on Tuesday morning.
I have been told by the testing laboratory that there won't be any specified time of testing on the certificate and that it will be valid 72 hours meaning until the end of Tuesday.
Do you think it's ok for both Qatar Airways and Thai Authorities?
PS: I am already vaccinated
Thans for your kind reply

16 minutes ago, marioc said:

Do you think it's ok for both Qatar Airways and Thai Authorities?

I am not sure about Qatar airway but I recall that they do not require anything other than what Thailand requires. There will be no problem enter Thailand if the test date and the time on it is within 72 hours of departure.

• Thanks 1

Unless there is some personal major logistic issues, I do not understand why anyone needs to wait more then a few hours for test results.  Most International airports in the U.S. have testing centers that can provide results in a few hours some as little as 30 minutes so that no need to worry about the time frame.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not sure about Qatar airway but I recall that they do not require anything other than what Thailand requires. There will be no problem enter Thailand if the test date and the time on it is within 72 hours of departure.

Sorry Ubon to bother you again..... I am filling the form in order to register in the Thailand Pass.
I am going to Thailand 1 way with a re-entry permit from an extension retirement O
They are asking: "Estimated Date of Departure from Thailand"  ..... I do not know yet the date when I will leave Thailand again.
What should I write there in order to going through the registration?
Thanks

9 minutes ago, marioc said:

They are asking: "Estimated Date of Departure from Thailand"  ..... I do not know yet the date when I will leave Thailand again.

At top of the page you will see this,

image.png.0cb44d4739d0860255a6b18b59fe12ed.png

If you tick returning to Thailand the estimated day of departure goes away,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

At top of the page you will see this,

image.png.0cb44d4739d0860255a6b18b59fe12ed.png

If you tick returning to Thailand the estimated day of departure goes away,

Thank you very much Ubon, I guess I did all my homework and filled out the form perfectly as I received my Thailand Pass QR Code almost instantly as soon as I completed the registration form.