Paypal is crack down on business accounts and canceling all Thai personal accounts

https://bk.asia-city.com/city-living/news/how-paypal-thailands-new-rules-affect-you

On Nov 5, PayPal announced new requirements and terms of agreement as part of its relaunch in Thailand, declaring that any personal account created before March 2021 will not be able to receive payments or hold a balance after February 2022. 

The same rules apply for all business accounts that have not registered via the government’s “Know Your Business” (KYB) scheme. 

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure NO OTHER country in the world is paypal cancelling personal account but Thailand..........Is this part of a plan to destroy more business in Thailand?

Paypal has already been on the Warpath to kick expats off Paypal worldwide for a fews years now.....They use to let me verify my American Paypal account through email which worked fine.......Now they only want phone verification and you can not use a Thai number for verification.....So I had to quit using Paypal....

See list of paypal countries here.....

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 Months to get your house in order and or make alternative arrangements if you cannot meet the criteria required.

No one likes change especially when things are going along smoothly for years, but it is what it is. ????

This probably due to the BOT regulations - similar to how they want to stop major international drug dealers using anonymous rabbit cards to illegitimately store their billions of baht - it wouldn't surprise me if Paypal (as bad as they are) decided it wasn't worth the cost to be compliant.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

3 Months to get your house in order and or make alternative arrangements if you cannot meet the criteria required.

No one likes change especially when things are going along smoothly for years, but it is what it is. ????

<removed > .Paypal is 100% canceling All Thai personal accounts......And they are putting the screws to business accounts which will be killing loads of Thai businesses income from paypal.......Paypal is king and can not be replaced easy....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, asiam110 said:

This probably due to the BOT regulations - similar to how they want to stop major international drug dealers using anonymous rabbit cards to illegitimately store their billions of baht - it wouldn't surprise me if Paypal (as bad as they are) decided it wasn't worth the cost to be compliant.

Yea and stop those dirty farang from storing their drug profits on a Lazada or Shopee wallet........Give me a F....... break......The rabbit card is just as stupid......This is really a quiet war to destroy Thai businesses... 

• Like 1