Covid Testing before flight to Thailand

rwing93

I know that you have to test 72 hrs before your flight. The question I have is how did the people that have arrived in Thailand do there testing. I'm in the U.S. and the only way that I can get a rapid test with results in time is to pay $150 out of pocket. If I go to Walgreens or CVS I will have to wait 2 to 3 days to get my results. How did you guys do it?

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I shall be returning from Dubai on 24th Nov. On 22nd, a nurse will come to my accommodation, do the test and get a result back in 4 hours. 30 quid!

Lucky.  We paid 90 Euros in Lisbon.  Cheapest test we could find, at a university.  It's normally around 120 Euros there.

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

My friend got his at Walgreens or CVS, can't remember, and it was covered by insurance.  Got the results the next day.

I've heard about many places that are doing it for free.  Where are you?

I'm in Florida. I got tested in a Walgreens before and it took me 3 days to get the results.

19 hours ago, rwing93 said:

I know that you have to test 72 hrs before your flight.

The RESULTS must be issued within 72 hours before you depart on the first flight. So when I flew from the US, I was tested at CVS on a Sunday, received my results on Tuesday, departed on my first flight from the US on Thursday, had a brief transit in Doha, and arrived in Phuket on Saturday.

There is some logic in requiring a PCR on arrival due to that lag of several days from the pre-flight PCR test. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

most major airports in the USA have testing onsite.  you can make an appointment or go for walk up service.  be aware that the walk up service can be a long line.  appts get priority.  i did mine at the seattle airport, waited onsite for an hour to get results (whole process about 1.5 hrs).  i went on monday and flew out on wednesday, approx 48 hrs later.  i forget the name of the testing service but you should be able to use google to find out about the airport nearest you.   the service i used had many airport locations nationwide.  i think i paid $250.

I am using worksitelabs.com. They have a number of sites in the US and some at airports like SFO. Their cheapest test is $90 for 24 hour turnaround for the results. They have a couple of higher prices for quicker turnaround.

• Like 1