Communities in Chiang Mai locked down until Nov 24 as COVID infections surge

webfact

BRpLwT0TYaGXOF4tVxwE7adDLzOCNWp3Zn7Rx0RECNHUt.jpg

Fifteen communities in the municipal area of Chiang Mai province were locked down yesterday (Thursday) until November 24th by the provincial governor, as COVID-19 infections continue to spread.

Everyone living in the communities is being required to take COVID-19 tests and receive vaccine shots, while employers in the area were told to bring their foreign migrant workers for COVID-19 tests and vaccinations.

People living in other areas of the province have been advised to avoid the 15 communities, while those living there were asked not to travel outside, unless it is absolutely necessary.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/communities-in-chiang-mai-locked-down-until-nov-24-as-covid-infections-surge/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

I was planning a trip up to Chiang Mai to feast on the mountains I miss from back in the UK. Not so sure now, or once again is this over reacting. I read the other day that worldwide there have been 5 million Covid-19 fatalities in the last 20 months, so should I stop worrying about the 100 million deaths in the world annually?

No mention about Villages like Mae Rim, Mae Taeng … Where the level infections are rising according to the messages of loudspeakers in the streets.

A neighbor died two days ago from Covid while no family member notified the authorities of the case. Idiots.

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

I was planning a trip up to Chiang Mai to feast on the mountains I miss from back in the UK. Not so sure now, or once again is this over reacting. I read the other day that worldwide there have been 5 million Covid-19 fatalities in the last 20 months, so should I stop worrying about the 100 million deaths in the world annually?

Oh I see, so you're saying that 95 million less people died in the last 12 months, yet another FaceBook fact huh!

17 hours ago, brommers said:

The red zones are in the heart of the city and it is impossible to close them off. Vast numbers of migrants live and work in these areas and every time the authorities conduct a testing prigramme they go into hiding, only to reappear a short time later. The authorities have absolutely no ability to get on top of the situation and locals continually ignore the regulations so daily cases increase continually. Hospitals are overrun and try to delay taking in those who are positive, medics are being brought in from other provinces because local staff are overwhelmed, and still CM pretends it is open for tourists. The folly of this is blindingly obvious

Hospitals are overrun? Local staff are overwhelmed? 

Come on.... 

• Like 1