Man United Manager

RickG16

Will Man United have a new manager by the end of the international break?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ole's at the wheel was just a song that happened to fit neatly with Stone Roses original. It was fans of other clubs who made it into a big thing.

Unlike a lot of clubs we actually think up our own songs. And have our own banners... unlike tacky ones provided by certain other clubs that look like they've been designed on Microsoft Word

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Ole's at the wheel was just a song that happened to fit neatly with Stone Roses original. It was fans of other clubs who made it into a big thing.

Unlike a lot of clubs we actually think up our own songs. And have our own banners... unlike tacky ones provided by certain other clubs that look like they've been designed on Microsoft Word

Thought Rio was the instigator?

15 minutes ago, wilai said:

Rangnick seems a good choice if it goes through. Dunno' if he'll manage to convert CR7 to a 'gegenpresser' though

As Rafael Honigstein pointed out on Sky Sports, it's not necessarily about everybody pressing high all the time, it's about how to press effectively as a unit. But yes it will be interesting to see how Ronaldo fits in.

I'm a bit sceptical. Of course this is the guy who is seen as the Godfather of the Klopp / Tuchel style of play. But does he have the big personality that those two have?

• Like 1

Im excited about Rangnick coming as long as he brings his own backroom staff and get rid of the others, 

His trusted assistants,

Lars Kornetka

Kornetka is a long-time friend of Rangnick’s, and has worked alongside him in various roles over the years.

Paul Mitchell, This guy is from Manchester 

Although Mitchell didn’t work with Rangnick for too long at RB Leipzig, the 40-year-old clearly left a lasting impression on the German.

Christian Mockel

The former midfielder has plied his trade as a scout since he retired as a player in 2006, and has worked with Rangnick on two separate occasions.

Maybe carrick and co need a top coach to learn from, maybe they’ll set up under R R, less Phelan he can FO

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Im excited about Rangnick coming as long as he brings his own backroom staff and get rid of the others, 

His trusted assistants,

Lars Kornetka

Kornetka is a long-time friend of Rangnick’s, and has worked alongside him in various roles over the years.

Paul Mitchell, This guy is from Manchester 

Although Mitchell didn’t work with Rangnick for too long at RB Leipzig, the 40-year-old clearly left a lasting impression on the German.

Christian Mockel

The former midfielder has plied his trade as a scout since he retired as a player in 2006, and has worked with Rangnick on two separate occasions.

Maybe carrick and co need a top coach to learn from, maybe they’ll set up under R R, less Phelan he can FO

It's interesting. I'm not sure how receptive the current coaches would be to ripping up what they have done before and teaching the players new things. How would that make them look in the eyes of the players?

We might need a coaches clear-out if they aren't going to buy into this. I'm sure Ralph will have his own view on it

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 2:36 PM, RickG16 said:

It's interesting. I'm not sure how receptive the current coaches would be to ripping up what they have done before and teaching the players new things. How would that make them look in the eyes of the players?

We might need a coaches clear-out if they aren't going to buy into this. I'm sure Ralph will have his own view on it

Part and parcel these days in it, new coach, brings his own philosophy posse.

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Well no coaches have been let go of yet.

I thought he was being named manager, but it is an interim role, so I guess no posse. Carrick has been at the side of every manager since SAF no, or at least since LVG. 

So someone else is lined up to take over next season....

Another name being thrown into the hat,

Rúben Filipe Marques Amorim is a Portuguese former footballer who played as a midfielder, and is the current manager of Sporting CP. He spent most of his professional career with Belenenses and Benfica, signing with the latter in 2008 and going on to win ten major titles, including three Primeira Liga championships