Poll: Expats -- do you identify as a globalist?

Jingthing

Globalism, Globalist, Globalization  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Casesrisingpanic said:

Let's cut to the chase here:

Leftists love the corrupt useless organizations that have been praised by globalists for decades. 

The WHO, UN, and the world bank. 

The left loves to brand anyone who disagrees with their ridiculous one world view of what they want other countries to adhere to as racist, xenophobic, facsist, and whatever other vacuous inane blather they think they want to come up with.

They have the unfounded high minded pseudo intellectual arrogance that they think they have the right to decide what a sovereign nation should do to satisfy their ridiculous virtue signaling nonsense. 

Let's cut to the chase here:

Being an "internationalist" or "globalist" isn't in any way synonymous with thinking "they have the right to decide what a sovereign nation should do to satisfy their ridiculous virtue signaling nonsense". Got it?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Capture.JPG

"And do you want a picture of a really violent crime syndicate consisting of despicable traitors? Here you go."

No no no. I watch Fox and you have things all backwards.....Those white supramicist guys crashing thru the windows at the US Capitol, dressed in tactical gear, carrying pitchforks and baseball bats, looking to hang the Vice President are "patriots." 

Now if you're a black football player, taking a knee to protest police brutality, you're unAmerican and should be deported!!

Edited by LarrySR
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, runamok27 said:

Not sure where you went but things are all good everywhere I've gone. Your fearmongering is comical.

The FBI & DHS crime report says right wing inspired terrorism quadrupled since 2018 and hate crimes increased an average 236% in the counties where Trump Rallies were held. 
The FBI data showed the number of offenses targeting Blacks rose to 2,755 from 1,930 and incidents against Asians jumped to 274 from 158.

Threats against US lawmakers more than doubled in 2021. 

Election officials told a congressional committee Tuesday they’ve received graphic threats to their safety since they declared the results of the 2020 election and warned that pressure on election workers is a threat to democracy.

Recently a Bugaloo Boy (right wing extremist) was convicted of posing as AntiFa protester and shooting up a police station. 

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1

My wife was actually nervous about traveling back to the US.  Seattle and Denver are pretty good areas, but she refused to go to the Southeast.  Too many right wing nutters there.

But I'm sure all these incidents have been done by Antifa. LOL.  I'm sure that's what Fox News is reporting.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/12/1027236499/anti-asian-hate-crimes-assaults-pandemic-incidents-aapi

More Than 9,000 Anti-Asian Incidents Have Been Reported Since The Pandemic Began

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Propaganda is a powerful tool.

Only when used against the weak minded ... sadly, more than a few of them about.  Like 99% of the world population, or we wouldn't be in the mess we are.

What ever happen to 'free thinking' ???

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How about yourself, are you intelligent ?

I never think about it. It's not important to me. Never taken an IQ test. But I do recognise dumb as doggy doo when I see it. I just described who fits that description.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How about yourself, are you intelligent ?

Well there is definitely a correlation between lower levels of education/information and right wing consipracies. But I'd rather not get into pejoratives about intelligence. And the left wing aren't immune either.

By the way, Mick McManus v Johnny Kwango London late 60s with my mum. She loved the wrestling!

I am just a Canadian born Male, who is a geezer.  

I am one  of the NLGBTQXYZ , but, not Binary people.

I have traveled globally and back, mostly to Hong Kong, China, and other parts of Asia

as far south as Singapore, and Guatemala. So I really do not know what that makes me.

Geezer

On 11/13/2021 at 12:26 PM, Jeffr2 said:

Wow.  That word really has become politicized by the far right.   Kinda like all the other school grade words they're throwing around. Seems to be a slur against jews also.  Insane.

We live in a global society.  So everyone, like it or not, is a globalist.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/03/the-origins-of-the-globalist-slur/555479/

Despite the seemingly joking use of the term “globalist” by Trump and Mulvaney, many were quick to point to the word’s unseemly past as an anti-Semitic slur, embraced in alt-right circles before spreading into broader political discourse. As the Anti-Defamation League’s Jonathan Greenblatt put it, “Where the term originates from is a reference to Jewish people who are seen as having allegiances not to their countries of origin like the United States, but to some global conspiracy.” Greenblatt said it’s “disturbing” when public officials “literally parrot this term which is rooted in prejudice.”

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/globalist

someone who believes that economic and foreign policy should be planned in an international way, rather than according to what is best for one particular country :
He is a globalist, whereas we are nationalists who will put our country first.
She is critical of the president's globalist foreign policy.

I'm reasonably well read and definitely interested in politics, but that is so far out there that if I even heard of it I dismissed it as nonsense.

I certainly don't think it's a "real" thing.

Didn't take long for this thread to get diverted into some very weird weeds.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm reasonably well read and definitely interested in politics, but that is so far out there that if I even heard of it I dismissed it as nonsense.

It's a real thing.  The Atlantic is a great media outlet.  Highly respected and they do some great articles.  Lean left for sure, but that's not necessarily bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

I have traveled globally and back, mostly to Hong Kong, China, and other parts of Asia

as far south as Singapore, and Guatemala. So I really do not know what that makes me.

Geezer

A cool dude?

40 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Geezer

Are you from an ethnic minority though ?

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No. I just found it hard to believe that there were people unaware of the connection between using globalist (especially when Soros is mentioned) as a slur and antisemitism. 

Looking for slurs where maybe none is intended. Soros is the definition of a globalist. Surely it's oversensitive to avoid the precisely correct word in case some readers take offence. 

Anyway, I asked a question and you gave a puerile reply. That was my only point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, and even the full Oxford English Dictionary (best in the world, IMO) doesn't contain any mention of this definition of the word. So, only understood by triggered US hyper-politicals at both ends of the spectrum, I imagine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1