Key Visa - New UK passport application

Has anyone recently used Key Visa to obtain a new UK passport ?

Were they good in their receipt acknowledgement and checking of documents, ( querying and contact regarding errors in document completion ), forwarding to UK, contact on receiving new UK passport, requesting their fee ( Key Visa ), forwarding passport to home address ?

My passport expires in April 2022, Key Visa is saying 8 weeks for passport return, what time scale for return has anyone had recently ?

Sorry so many questions.

As an end comment a word of warning to others, "Ensure you apply for a new passport when your current one has at least 1 year before expiry to avoid issues with retirement visa and 90 day reports.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Key Visa continues to be the only strongly & consistently recommended UK Passport Renewal Agency on various recent topics on this forum. Indicates they can be fully trusted in all respects.

OP - Thanks for your positive comments

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I believe I had told already I had use them.

The problem was the pandemic started and office's closed but Keyvisa kept tabs on the situation and came through with my new passport as soon as they could. 

I always recommend them. 

OP - Thanks for your comments and mentioning that they kept you informed during office closure.

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Key Visa continues to be the only strongly & consistently recommended UK Passport Renewal Agency on various recent topics on this forum. Indicates they can be fully trusted in all respects.

Good to know when the time comes. ????

2 hours ago, SussexExpat said:

I sent my UK Passport to them on the 20th Sept. Still waiting.

I strongly suspect that the responsibility for this unsatisfactory state of affairs more likely lies with those incompetent clowns called HMPO in the UK rather than with Key Visa. Constantly blaming the COVID pandemic for delays in issuing new passports, as they have been doing for the past 18 months or so, is IMHO now becoming an increasingly pathetic and tiresome excuse.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, OJAS said:

I strongly suspect that the responsibility for this unsatisfactory state of affairs more likely lies with those incompetent clowns called HMPO in the UK rather than with Key Visa. Constantly blaming the COVID pandemic for delays in issuing new passports, as they have been doing for the past 18 months or so, is IMHO now becoming an increasingly pathetic and tiresome excuse.

Agree 100%, typical UK - not perhaps "incompetent" as you say but more UK GOVT lackadaisical approach to almost everything irrespective of the big chief's party.

I have been told 8 weeks by Keyvisa, with a sounding of 'perhaps / maybe / if lucky / don't forget it's Christmas and New Year - and and.

Once I got a new passport from Hong Kong it took 5 days.
Once in UK over counter same day.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 11:09 AM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

It's probably fair to note that there are a few agencies who offer an excellent service for the renewal of UK Passports in Pattaya and around the Kingdom.

Key Visa certainly receives a number of recommendations for their passport renewal service, and probably rightly so, but they are most certainly not the only agency who carry out this service effectively. 

• Like 1

Last time I renewed my Uk passport I flew back to London over a weekend ..Visited Victoria PP Office on Monday with pre booked appointment at 11.00 am ..got new one same day at 5 PM..On the Tuesday went to Thai Embassy and presented said PP for a new 12 month O Visa which I..picked it up on Wednesday morning  ( now those rules have sadly changed) and finally made it back to CM a few days later ..before the lockdown..over 18 months ago..Heading back for a quick visit in 10 days time.....Never used any agents..

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I dont think that the British Embassy deals with passport renewals anymore 

OK, thanks for input...........good to know..................very surprised tho.........................

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, bojo said:

Maybe I'm outa touch, but with all this 'agent chat'........................  if residing in the Kingdom, can you not just send off an application to the UK embassy in BKK anymore?

It's been many years since the UK Embassy here were involved in the renewal of passports, I last renewed mine in 2013 and that was done via Hong Kong. 

• Like 2

Just now, theoldgit said:

It's been many years since the UK Embassy here were involved in the renewal of passports, I last renewed mine in 2013 and that was done via Hong Kong. 

Thanks OG,............My last BKK one was in 2007 and then I remember hearing about HK subsequently. Been back in UK for a few years now, but will return to Thailand soon..................My question really to the forum is................can you while residing in the Kingdom, apply from Thailand yourself for a new passport in HK easily, without the use of any agents.........?