Cancelling Non-o to get Covid extension

So just been to Samui immigration and they say for me to get a Covid 60 extension they will have to cancel my Non-O visa first.

Cant extend Non-O due to Samui Immigration not accepting the 40k per month incoming from overseas into my account.

So after they cancel my Non-O after the 60 days I will need to leave and get a new Non-O? is this correct?

if you want to use or keep your non-o and if you dont have 40K or 400K in the bank... an agency can help you anytime with between 15K-30K

if you already have non-o and want to keep your extension.. i believe you can do it 15-18K 

if you need an agency i can give you info about the agency i used before. Contact me.

good luck

• Haha 1

Immigration cannot cancel your long expired non-o visa that gave you the 90 permit to stay you have been extending.

I doubt they will even cancel your current extension of stay if you are close to the date it expires.

It does not matter what they do the original permit to stay from the non-o visa will still exist until it expires. The covid 19 extension will extend that same permit to stay for 60 days and you can apply for another one year extension near the end of it.

16 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Cant extend Non-O due to Samui Immigration not accepting the 40k per month incoming from overseas into my account

Your extension must be based on marriage. 

Did you ask imm about changing to money in bank method. 

When does current permission of stay expire? 

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration cannot cancel your long expired non-o visa that gave you the 90 permit to stay you have been extending.

I doubt they will even cancel your current extension of stay if you are close to the date it expires.

It does not matter what they do the original permit to stay from the non-o visa will still exist until it expires. The covid 19 extension will extend that same permit to stay for 60 days and you can apply for another one year extension near the end of it.

Great logic, my Non-O expired on 02 Dec 2020, so they cant cancel it as its already expired. 

My 1 year extension of stay expires on 22nd Nov 2021.

I believe they were trying to say they will cancel that extension of stay, and then put me on a Covid 60 day extension. But then what are they "extending" for the extension, I have to have some kind of permit to stay to get extended, right? They cant issue visas at immigration so they cant switch me to a tourist visa and make the "extension" on that can they?

2 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

I believe they were trying to say they will cancel that extension of stay, and then put me on a Covid 60 day extension. But then what are they "extending" for the extension, I have to have some kind of permit to stay to get extended, right?

They cannot cancel a permit to stay unless you are deported for a serious infraction of the law.

You will have the original permit stay you got the last the last time you entered the country with a non-o visa. Another extension of stay can be applied for after a covid 19 extension.

You also have the option to get a 60 day extension to visit your wife unless you have done one since your last entry with a visa.

They cant issue visas at immigration so they cant switch me to a tourist visa and make the "extension" on that can they?

That cannot change your permit to stay to a different category and they cannot issue a tourist visa.

12 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

My 1 year extension of stay expires on 22nd Nov 2021.

Obtain a covid extension. Place 400k in bank account.

When it's been there 2 months obtain 12 month extension based on marriage. 

If the covid extensions continue you could even obtain another one to give you more time to organize the money.

After extension (marriage) is granted you can use the money as you wish.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They cannot cancel a permit to stay unless you are deported for a serious infraction of the law.

You will have the original permit stay you got the last the last time you entered the country with a non-o visa. Another extension of stay can be applied for after a covid 19 extension.

You also have the option to get a 60 day extension to visit your wife unless you have done one since your last entry with a visa.

That cannot change your permit to stay to a different category and they cannot issue a tourist visa.

They clearly said that they wont give Covid extensions to people who came with Non-O visas. 

Well I will be going back tomorrow to try and get a Covid extension and we will see what happens

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Obtain a covid extension. Place 400k in bank account.

When it's been there 2 months obtain 12 month extension based on marriage. 

If the covid extensions continue you could even obtain another one to give you more time to organize the money.

After extension (marriage) is granted you can use the money as you wish.

yes but they said they wont issue a covid extension to a person on a Non-O visa, hence they said it must be cancelled first. anyway, tomorrow ill find out what they actually end up doing

yes but they said they wont issue a covid extension to a person on a Non-O visa, hence they said it must be cancelled first. anyway, tomorrow ill find out what they actually end up doing

Have you used your 60 day extension to visit wife.

I know nothing about Samui immigration. I'm getting the impression that they are weird. 

They can't cancel your non O.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have you used your 60 day extension to visit wife.

I know nothing about Samui immigration. I'm getting the impression that they are weird. 

They can't cancel your non O.

yes used the 60 day wife visit extension last year to season the 400k in the bank, so cant get another one of those.

As pointed out by other posters, they can't cancel your non-o visa.

Immigration just uses the term "cancel visa", even though that's not what actually happens and it's misleading.

What immigration does, when you have been on a long term extension, and apply for a Covid extension for the first time is that they want the Covid extension to start on the day you apply. I did of course question this, but the IO in Chiang Mai insisted that this is an official rule, so whatever.

Let's say your current marriage extension runs until 10th December. And you go to Immigration today to apply for a Covid extension.

Then they will put a stamp in your passport which cancels your marriage extension today, and you would get the Covid extension (or the under consideration stamp), starting today.

The strange thing here is that even if you go on the last day of your marriage extension, they would still insist on putting this "cancelation" stamp in your passport.

Even if they call it "cancel visa", it's actually a "cancel extension" stamp.

After this you will still be considered as being on a non-immigrant visa.

Consecutive Covid extensions will start from the day your previous Covid extension ends, only the first Covid extension starts on the day you apply.