Insurance covering adverse effects of Covid shots

connda

I have an AETNA policy, sponsors to this sub forum.

Their policies cover (up to the value of the policy) side affects from approved medical procedures, a vaccination is an ‘approved medical procedure’.

I doubt any insurance company is offering policies for the specific risk of a reaction to the aCIVID-19 vaccines, but it would be good business.

The risks are tiny, certainly very much lower than the risk of the disease.

Well, if it's travel insurance then the policies take effect either when you begin your journey or when you arrive at your destination. So if you were vaccinated beforehand, which you would have to be, to qualify for entry into Thailand, then I don't think the insurance would cover any consequences of being vaccinated.

At the beginning od year, yet before mass jabs, there were cheap policies, which were covering covid and optionally jab itself. 
some of those roojah, dhipayah, rabbit finance. 
since the 3rd wave many stopped their covid policies and possibly stopped also jab cover. 
if you have health policy it does cover you. 

Edited by internationalism

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, if it's travel insurance then the policies take effect either when you begin your journey or when you arrive at your destination. So if you were vaccinated beforehand, which you would have to be, to qualify for entry into Thailand, then I don't think the insurance would cover any consequences of being vaccinated.

This comment of mine was misdirected. I should have written if you get ill before going and can't travel, then travel insurance won't cover it since it only covers at best your vacation inclusive of traveling there and back.