It’s expats, not tourists that are visiting Thailand: Business leader

webfact

8 minutes ago, ThaiAl said:
4 hours ago, gearbox said:

My prediction is Jan 2022 for proper reopening.

I hope you're right, as I'm still waiting to book a flight, till the is no testing on the arrival.

And I'm holding off making a trip back to the states to see family for exactly the same reason. I read horror stories of people losing their trip because of the inability to successfully get the ridiculous Thai Pass. Sure, there aren't many of them but with my luck, I'd be another victim.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

i can go to cambodia easily from thailand now?  via plane.  no cambodian restrictions?  what about coming back to thailand after going to cambodia.?  i have to do one night quarantine again?  what about if i come back via land?  same one night quarantine required? so many questions, no answers?

If you are away from Thailand for less than 21 days there is no quarantine, I don't know if Cambodia is included in the list of countries that rule applies to. And anyway, that was the rule yesterday. Tomorrow, who knows. You might go there and while you are sleeping it might all change.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James105 said:

Poor guy.   Must be difficult to be the only intelligent person in the room when surrounded by so many clowns.  He must have an extremely sore head from constantly banging it against the wall at every single announcement that falls down from the propaganda tree.   

This statement seems to perfectly sum up the intelligence of the covid measures here that are supported by so many:

I would actually find the sheer stupidity of this highly amusing if it wasn't destroying so many lives that rely on selling alcohol as part of their business model.

Most countries over the world uses the recommandations of the WHO.
It's not only Thailand who restricts the use of alcohol, the use of masks, a.o. <deleted> about Covid-19.
If someone would be to blame for all this stupidity, only the WHO is the one to take the blame.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Something strange in all this.
There are no tourists and the hotels are empty due to the Pandemic.
But if you try to find a hotel in Pattaya or Jomtien via Booking.com or Pagoda.com, everything is FULL!!!!

No you’ve got it wrong only one room left at this price, the usual BS. biggest BSers on the planet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well of course not. Why would they? The pandemic is still an issue and this government has given them absolutely no time to plan their trips.

People plan vacations months and sometimes years ahead. Are these guys so ignorant and/or dense to think people are just waiting for the word to book a trip to Thailand?

Tourism will be back, but it will be mid 2022 at the earliest and most likely the usual high season next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gearbox said:

One thing I forgot about...the number of people coming and covid positive after testing is small...the government should contract a couple of hotels in the popular destinations and put the inbound asymptomatic positive cases there free of charge. This would shore up the confidence in would be tourists - small price to pay but can impact the numbers coming quite a bit. The insurers around the world won't change their policies just because the Thai government has some weird ideas.

Just forget the testing on arrival. What's the point. A person tests negative before they leave and are vaccinated. The number that have tested positive in the sandbox is tiny and dwarfed by the endemic covid daily cases in Thailand.

At some point we will have to follow the example of our neighbouring countries starting to do this anyway.

• Like 2

I hope everyone gets the ability  to get a booster shot!  As the vaccine  wanes over time, so all that have returned and have medical insurance  should be hoping for a booster soon.  I mean with the rest of the world mostly  vaccinated and their countries numbers rising, and continue  to do so, and the virus Delta strain still evil and mutating could make for a bad situation  if the numbers were to unfortunately go back up.  I hope they dont go up and that everyone  gets a booster.  Could you imagine  if the hospital's and feild hospitals got as bad as before, and there isnt enough equipment , like respirators, to go around.  Even if one has a million in insurance... if the numbers rise, and there isn't enough equipment... well I'm glad everyone  thought it through and didn't  rush back.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

My wife hasn’t seen her Thai family in two years.

We haven’t set foot in a house that was completed after Australia turned into Alcatraz.

We both agree that we will not contemplate travelling to Thailand until they ask to see vaccination status and that it. No jumping through hoops.

Now imagine a Thai woman who misses her family and will not jump

all the hurdles placed of her to travel back.

There is no a chance a normal tourist will go through the hassles either.

I agree with u.I couldnt wait anymore so i went to see my gf.Took 15 day quarantene..this was earlier this year.After i finished the 15 days she picked me up outside my hotel.We had 2 lovely days in BKK before we went to korat.2,5 months there.Priceless.It was worth the price.Anyway..im NOT going back before its easier to go there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

But didnt  you hear?  The Thai health department  head says alcohol  relaxes the pharynx and allows covid to ented the body easily.   I am not making this up

Yes I read that, such stupidity from a supposedly intelligent person, the guy is a mouthpiece for the government, and they have no idea either.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I wonder if the fact is that the Thai govt would prefer not to have any tourists at all. Too many foreigners around, seeing what really goes on here. 

Because if there's one thing we know about tourists, it's that they're all wannabe investigative journalists. Not here to enjoy the beaches, the scenery, the food at all.