It’s expats, not tourists that are visiting Thailand: Business leader

webfact

29 minutes ago, bojo said:

Just as long as it's not Liptons..........and they don't cut the crusts off .............................................!

Oh is there any tea worse that than Liptons ! In Ireland Liptons entered the market some years ago and said with their expertise and know how the would be the number one tea in Ireland... they we're gone with their tails between their legs in less than a year,.. lol...

40 minutes ago, zzzzz said:
yea to enter Cambodia u only need show u have had 2 shots, a negative pcr test within 72 hours of arrival.  On arrival get a rapid test. wait for results. if negative ur good to go
no deposits, no insurance needed.
ONLY need visa in advance ( but can get that online)

Land borders NOT OPEN

that sounds pretty straight forward and easy.  but i wonder how decimated the cambodian economy was hit during covid.  actually i wonder how bad economies in viet nam , and cambodia and thailand got hit during covid.  as tourists are fickle bunch ,  they wont want to risk going to a place where the economy its unsafe to be their

9 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

Oh is there any tea worse that than Liptons ! In Ireland Liptons entered the market some years ago and said with their expertise and know how the would be the number one tea in Ireland... they we're gone with their tails between their legs in less than a year,.. lol...

so that's where it's all come from..........................repackaged from Emerald isle.....!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

well said and 100% correct 

and for those that have failed PCR tests on arrival - I'd be willing to bet they are from only one or two countries that should now be red listed for producing fake test docs

I feel sorry for the poor souls who get locked up for sitting in the vicinity of the 'captured infected' on the plane.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Thailand hasn't shot it's self in the foot, it's shot it's self in both feet.

.... but the THB is still going strong - amazing how long it can stay more or less unaffected - their currency seems to be linked to hopes rather than to realities ...

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The majority of us knew this already. Many friends I have have returned after being gone for a long time in order to return to family with less restrictive measures put on them that create financial hurdles.

Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The only arrivals are not true tourists at all. Just business people, property owners or those with families.

Duh? And the pilots, stewards, and stewardesses on the planes. No s**t Sherlock. When will they ever learn.

4 hours ago, gearbox said:

I'm currently in Phuket and there are tourists coming....just not enough. Once the figures are collected for a month or two I expect the Thailand Pass and the PCR test on arrival to go away. The risks seems to be too small to be worth handling with obstacles like these. My prediction is Jan 2022 for proper reopening.

I hope you're right, as I'm still waiting to book a flight, till the is no testing on the arrival.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

We were just in Lotus and there was a sign saying "tourists welcome back ,a hundred baht off your purchases ,just show your passport to get a card" i asked the girl how many cards they had given out to tourists ,she just smiled and said none .

50% discount on all beers would work

Wow I’m seriously shocked by this gentleman’s statements ????

I hope they will not censure him for stating the truth for a change ! Hard to find any truths with the mess and confusion they made out of this Covid nonsense ????????‍♂️

Needless to say say, I’m delighted that finally someone who’s got some salt in his head spoke up ! Although mind you he happens to be a business man after all, so perhaps some if not all of his business are suffering  just a little ???? 

Keep at it Sir, make your voice to be heard  by the government’s deaf ears ????????

• Like 2