Change of passport after Thai Pass Application

I am going to the UK next week [Friday] and intend applying for my Thai Pass before I go.  I have all the documents in place [I think!] - re-entry permit [Non-O extension based on marriage], International Vaccine Passport, air ticket and will by the end of today have the SHA+ hotel reservation and AXA insurance for return.  The required before travel PCR test I will arrange in England.

My question is: if I register for the Thai Pass now [and get it] using my existing passport which has all the visa and re-entry stamps in it but get a new passport while I am in England [this one is full] will I face any  problems?  

• Haha 1

If you have room in your current passport for a departure and arrival stamp it probably would be best to wait until you return to apply for a new passport.

In normal times it would not be a problem to show both passports when entering the country to use the re-entry permit in your old passport. But needing the Thai Pass and etc it has gotten much more complicated.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 2:23 PM, Shannoblic said:

Thanks UbonJoe.  Advice appreciated and taken.  There is just enough room [1 page] for departure and arrival stamps so I will go down that route and do it when I come back in December.

But I would definitely advise you to at least obtain the photos you'll need in paper form for your new passport while you are in the UK. Finding a professional photographer in Thailand who is equipped to take photos which comply fully with HMPO's stringent requirements, particularly as regards acceptable background colours (plain cream or light grey), can be easier said than done in practice.

Edited by OJAS