Extend visa at police station

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've read on this site that 90 day reports can supposedly be done at a police station, but the police are unaware of that and will probably refuse and send you to immigration.

I tried that a few times after the last "clamp down" on TM30's......not a snowball's chance in hell.......no way were the police being drawn into doing any extra paperwork.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've read on this site that 90 day reports can supposedly be done at a police station, but the police are unaware of that and will probably refuse and send you to immigration.

These too probably confused immigration office with police station.

Thai Immigration come under the Thai Royal Police -- they all are in fact police officers a - so an easy mistake to make, but the Immigration Police are a separate bureau within the RTP and have separate office from the main police.

• Like 2

Do folk recall this one from few years (?) ago....

Quote from webfact thread.

"Pol Col Somchai explained that in order to complete their 90 day report at 7-Eleven, foreigners will need to hand their passport, 4 passport photos and the TM47 form to 7-Eleven staff who will then scan the relevant information into the new system" 

Excellent idea. Note only possible between 2pm and 5pm when alcohol sales are banned.

• Haha 1

Yes OP - Yes of course you can. The RTP will also be glad to help with overstay issues. I highly recommend anyone on overstay to head to their closest police station to get this matter cleared up. 

Lines are MUCH shorter too. :wai:

Here's your sign ????

Edited by mrwebb8825
  • Haha 1