Retirement visa, temporary entry visa.

We are currently in Dubai, looking to stay here for 2-3 weeks.

We plan to apply for the thailand retirement visa, looked at the requirements and all checks out for our situation (age, finance etc.). We understand we need to have THB 800,000 for 2 months (60 days) in a Thai bank account before we can apply for the visa.

With our british passports, we can get the 30 day visa exemption, how many times can we extend and for for how long? Is this a better option
as we wait for the retirement visa process?

Or should we apply for the 60 day tourist visa while we are in Dubai and extend? How many times can we extend and for how long?

Is it correct that the tourist visa application process is now all online https://thaievisa.go.th/, so we can apply for it while we are in Dubai.

Thanks in advance.

Visa exempt one extension of 30 days. 

Do you have Thai bank account.

The first step is to obtain non O retirement at immigration.

That requires 800k in Thai bank account in your name. The 800k only needs to be in bank on day of application.

That gives you a stay of 90 days. In last 30 days, after money has been in bank for 2 months you can obtain 12 month extension.

The crucial part time wise is to have the bank account available quickly. 

Edit....We understand we need to have THB 800,000 for 2 months (60 days) in a Thai bank account before we can apply for the visa....

"WE" are you both applying for non O retirement. That's done separately obviously 2 bank accounts 800k etc

Edited by DrJack54

To apply for a non-o visa at immigration the 800k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply. The only other proof needed that it came from abroad.

Requirements for the visa is here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

When you apply for the one year extension based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 stay permit from the visa is when it has to be in the bank of 2 months.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

To apply for a non-o visa at immigration the 800k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply. The only other proof needed that it came from abroad.

Requirements for the visa is here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

When you apply for the one year extension based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 stay permit from the visa is when it has to be in the bank of 2 months.

Would that be the same when applying for a Type O visa for marriage? Having in this case 400,000 in your bank account on the same day. 60 days before when applying for extension? Do I need to show that the money came from my American bank account?

3 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Would that be the same when applying for a Type O visa for marriage? Having in this case 400,000 in your bank account on the same day. 60 days before when applying for extension? Do I need to show that the money came from my American bank account?

Same for the non-o visa based upon marriage but there is no requirement to prove it came from abroad.

See: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/6.pdf

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

So it's just for yourself that was asking about non O retirement? 

Your married to Thai national?

Why even ask about retirement.

The non O based on marriage has simple easy requirements using money in bank. 

You do have a Thai bank account?