dr dies despite 2 jabs and masks

3NUMBAS

Selflessly dedicated' Swindon doctor dies from Covid

A doctor who "selflessly dedicated" himself to treating Covid patients has died of the virus.

Dr Irfan Halim from Swindon's Great Western Hospital was taken ill on 10 September and died on 14 November.

Health officials said they were "devastated" and said the father-of-four was the hospital's third doctor to have died from the virus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-59353697

Edited by Scott

10 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Something is wrong with my eyesight.

Where is the hint to the 2 jabs?

(I don't say it can't happen)

Or has it been removed in the meantime?

There is an article in the Mirror which claims "double jabbed".

If true then other articles are lies by suppressing facts!

Edited by KhunBENQ

14 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Something is wrong with my eyesight.

Where is the hint to the 2 jabs?

(I don't say it can't happen)

Or has it been removed in the meantime?

There is an article in the Mirror which claims "double jabbed".

If true then other articles are lies by suppressing facts!

Oddly, most all links from Duckduck.com state he was double vaccinated including:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/other/tragic-surgeon-killed-by-covid-was-fully-vaccinated-but-missed-out-on-booster-by-days/ar-AAQV50n

None of these show on my Google search, or they are low priority.

SEARCH KEY: Dr Irfan Halim Great Western Hospital +"vaccinated"

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2021 at 11:47 PM, AseanLao said:

It's interesting to have non-mainstream views about things, I do myself. But in the case of covid vaccines, promoting the viewpoint that vaccines are dangerous or don't work can actually cost lives.

I do believe there is a credible source for this.  I remember reading about it but it was quite some time ago.   Part of the problem is that articles come out rather quickly and a reasonable review isn't done until it's hit all the news sources.  

At the time, the problem I saw with the results was that it was really too early to tell.  It takes time to look at all the possible reasons it might indicate something that is not exactly true.   In the case of Israel, a couple of things need to be noted.  First, the groups immunized first were elderly and immunocompromised.  Second, it was noted that a lot of Israelis in the earlier group also did a lot of traveling -- increasing exposure.   This could have contributed to more breakthrough cases.

What we do know from the early data from Israel is that immunity wanes and with it breakthrough cases increase.  What we don't know is much about those with natural immunity, who were they, how did they compare to the breakthrough cases on the basis of age, conditions etc.   And we certainly couldn't get a good handle on how long their immunity was lasting at that time.

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

There's an article from msn.com that says he had his 2nd vaccination in january and hadn't gotten  booster.

If true, then that article in the Mirror and others like it are lies by suppressing facts!

What vaccine was available so early that the second shot could be administered in January 2021?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Puccini said:

What vaccine was available so early that the second shot could be administered in January 2021?

Many UK over 80s, medical professionals and  care home workers got vaccinated Dec 2020, with their second jab 3 weeks later. The rules were changed shortly after to allow for a gap of up to 12 weeks between the 1st and 2nd jabs.

At the earliest stage, everybody was getting Pfizer, AZ supplies kicked in around January.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes. 

A small percentage of people that have been double jabbed do die from Covid-19.

That is not news.

All informed people knew that already.

But to highlight one case of that is very misleading.

Are we going to get a new topic for all the people in the world that got double jabbed, were then exposed to the virus, and did not die?

Come on people! 

• Haha 1

At the start of this pandemic and prior to science providing us with an understanding of how this disease is transmitted and then vaccines to fight its spread, doctors, nurses and medical staff were being killed by the virus in alarming numbers.

Dr Li Wenliang who alerted the world of the existence of this disease was himself one of the many medics who it killed.

Science based precautionary measures and vaccines have thankfully greatly reduced the risks medical staff face when providing health care to COVID patients, but sadly there are residual risks.

That so many doctors, nurses and medical staff are willing to face these risks to provide healthcare to those in need is something we all ought to be very grateful for.

RIP and thank you for your service.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

"Kevin McNamara, chief executive of Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said: "Dr Irfan Halim worked with us as a locum consultant for a year and was an invaluable member of the team looking after patients with Covid.

"He selflessly dedicated himself to caring for his patients when they needed him the most during the pandemic. He will be sorely missed by those who worked with him, and by the whole organisation."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-59353697

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2021 at 3:29 PM, papa al said:

Ironicallu, in 'merca, many of these same workers

are being fired for non-compliance w/ vaccine mandates.

What do they know that the general public doesn't ?

96% of all US physicians are vaccinated. What do they know that you don’t know?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is certain is that all of the big 4 vaccines offer such a high degree of protection from the awful immune over-reaction that is the hallmark of covid19 that the average reasonably healthy person is near guaranteed survival.  The downside is there is a tiny chance you may be one of the very rare unlucky ones who gets killed by the vaccine itself.

That's the deal, I guess.