Thailand reports 7,006 new COVID-19 cases, 7,591 recoveries and 29 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

L3AP2GNCONMSRFHJQZS7ON2EOQ.jpg

File photo: Reuters

Thailand on Sunday (Nov 21) reported 7,006 new COVID-19 cases, 7,591 recoveries and 29 deaths.

Sunday's cases bring the total number of COVID-19 cases in Thailand since the start of the pandemic to 2,064,581 and 2,035,718 since April 1, the start of the so-called third wave.

Thailand's death toll stands at 20,387 since the start of the pandemic and 20,293 since April 1.

Due to the continuing decline of COVID-19 cases in Thailand in recent months, officials on Friday said they will consider a proposal to reopen bars, pubs and other nighttime venues earlier than planned.

Previously, Thailand's CCSA had said it would be January 16 before bars and clubs would be able to open. 

However, on Friday the secretary general of the National Security Council Supot Malaniyom said that a proposal will be considered next week that could see bars given the green light to open earlier than scheduled - although an actual date for reopening has not yet been announced.

Meanwhile, the declining number of new cases has coincided with Thailand's vaccination rollout which after getting off to a slow start, has been rapid in recent months.

On Friday the Health Ministry revealed that 65% of people in Thailand had now received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, while 53% have received two doses.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-21

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

29 deaths is very low. Those in ICU have reduced by 196 in a week down from 1,808, intubated down by 37 in a week from 425 and today's death toll is down by 18 compared to 55 a week ago. Yesterday 53 deaths today 29. This is indeed a very sharp fall compared to the reduction in ICU and intubated figures. 

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

PCR test positive cases, total of 7,006 official new infections. 29 official covid deaths recorded.

Rapid tests positive cases, 2,692 bringing the total of PCR and ATK results to 9,698

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/

image.png.6dee20cfcda4ba14ef883d57a43d5c18.png

image.png.4024e4092a9aa2fa360c562654f060e2.png

compared to the past few weeks of steeper climbs upwards this week is a fairly steady curve with all cases included the ATK tests.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

compared to the past few weeks of steeper climbs upwards this week is a fairly steady curve with all cases included the ATK tests.

Let's see what post Loy Krathong brings. Hoping that wasn't super spreader event.

Edited by dinsdale

Just now, Olmate said:

A dozen pretty girls. No grog... seems pretty good behaviour to me! 

I avoided posting pic showing alcohol. Think there is rule about that.

Trust me readily available and NO paper cups required. 

MANY Thai on Koh Samet for weekend. 

Strange that alcohol sales in Rayong (eg 7/11) stops at 2pm. Not open again at 5pm.

Stupid really. 

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Great news that they're reconsidering keeping the bars closed.  It could still be a merry Christmas!

The Novavax vaccine is soon to roll out and sounds like a real winner. I hope Thailand buys many 

https://www.reuters.com/markets/asia/india-allows-export-20-mln-novavax-vaccine-doses-indonesia-document-source-2021-11-18/

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Let's see what post Loy Krathong brings. Hoping that wasn't super spreader event.

I can tell you we got to Icon Siam at 5pm on Friday. took 1 hour and 30 minutes by taxi to go 5.5 km, I refused to drive and the GF agreed.  We reserved seats at Hobbs and outside at the railing where we could see down below and away from the large crowds that started to roll in by 7 pm, and by 8:30 pm the entire outside area was packed shoulder to shoulder.  The boats on the river were also packed, especially when the fireworks started.  To say it was busy is an understatement, it reminded me of New Years 2019.  Lets hope it does not turn out to be a super spreader event.  Not sure what the other locations were like, just glad I reserved a table.  

Yesterday we drove up to Saraburi to see the Sunflower field.  Highway 2 was packed and it took almost 3 hours from Bangkok to get there.  The location we went to luckily had no more than 20 people, and of course they were not wearingtheir masks as they took selfies amongst the sunflowers.

Today the GF's 2 female cousins have arrived at the condo to visit and want to go to Central World to see the Christmas display.  @brewsterbudgen how busy has Central World been in the evenings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I avoided posting pic showing alcohol. Think there is rule about that.

Trust me readily available and NO paper cups required. 

MANY Thai on Koh Samet for weekend. 

Strange that alcohol sales in Rayong (eg 7/11) stops at 2pm. Not open again at 5pm.

Stupid really. 

Dongtan and Jomtien longnecks aplenty from beach chair guys. No fuss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worrab said:

Look a bit closer!

Yep booze a plenty. 

Note gf drinks from bottle. Must be Oz influence. Pic attached. 

On more serious note. Samet very popular with Thai now. After this to Pattaya for fireworks and then Bang Saen. Pretty much all Thai.

Time will tell if covid spikes again. We all hope not.

IMG_20211120_220806_886.jpg

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I can tell you we got to Icon Siam at 5pm on Friday. took 1 hour and 30 minutes by taxi to go 5.5 km, I refused to drive and the GF agreed.  We reserved seats at Hobbs and outside at the railing where we could see down below and away from the large crowds that started to roll in by 7 pm, and by 8:30 pm the entire outside area was packed shoulder to shoulder.  The boats on the river were also packed, especially when the fireworks started.  To say it was busy is an understatement, it reminded me of New Years 2019.  Lets hope it does not turn out to be a super spreader event.  Not sure what the other locations were like, just glad I reserved a table.  

Yesterday we drove up to Saraburi to see the Sunflower field.  Highway 2 was packed and it took almost 3 hours from Bangkok to get there.  The location we went to luckily had no more than 20 people, and of course they were not wearingtheir masks as they took selfies amongst the sunflowers.

Today the GF's 2 female cousins have arrived at the condo to visit and want to go to Central World to see the Christmas display.  @brewsterbudgen how busy has Central World been in the evenings.

I've usually left work by 4pm, so I don't know how busy it is in the evenings. The "restaurants" at Zoom are usually busy, I think, but looking at the lights should be OK.

Moken communities under lockdown after 15 test positive for COVID-19

The provincial communicable disease committee of the southern coastal province of Phang-nga has temporarily but completely locked down the Moken (Morgan) indigenous communities on the Surin islands in the Andaman Sea after 15 people tested positive for COVID-19.

The infections were found during the pro-active screening of about 310 people considered to be at high risk by health officials from Khura Buri district.

The communicable disease committee ordered the Moken communities to be placed under lockdown and all residents to remain in home isolation for 14 days, with local officials deployed to control access into and out of the communities.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/moken-communities-under-lockdown-after-15-test-positive-for-covid-19/

Thailand speeds up vaccination with aim to achieve 100 million administered doses by month’s end

With the government having set a new COVID-19 vaccination target to see 100 million doses administered by the end of November, the prime minister has asked all parties to encourage people to come forth to receive their shots.

At least 86.8 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Thailand, leaving 11-12 million doses remaining until the new target is met.

https://www.pattayamail.com/coronavirus/thailand-speeds-up-vaccination-with-aim-to-achieve-100-million-administered-doses-by-months-end-380110

• Like 1

7 hours ago, anchadian said:

Thailand speeds up vaccination with aim to achieve 100 million administered doses by month’s end

With the government having set a new COVID-19 vaccination target to see 100 million doses administered by the end of November, the prime minister has asked all parties to encourage people to come forth to receive their shots.

At least 86.8 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Thailand, leaving 11-12 million doses remaining until the new target is met.

https://www.pattayamail.com/coronavirus/thailand-speeds-up-vaccination-with-aim-to-achieve-100-million-administered-doses-by-months-end-380110

Watch the figures miraculously jump to about million plus a day from 6-700k as it has been recently. The great one has spoken so it must be achieved.

• Sad 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 6,428 new coronavirus cases, 49 deaths, 7,882 recoveries

COV22.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Monday (November 22) reported 6,428 new COVID-19 cases, 7,882 recoveries and 49 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1240311-covid-19-thailand-reports 6428-new-coronavirus-cases-49-deaths-7882-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin