Getting back to normal - not the New Normal just NORMAL!

rooster59

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Well this thread is also about daughters ........

And mine is on her way to hospital after having COVID vaccine 1-2 days ago.

The misses just panicked and rushed off after getting a phone call an hour ago, don't know how serious it is. Not sure what's happening at the moment, but she was a completely healthy 23 year old before the vaccine.

I guess it's a coincidence that the only time she's ever been to hospital is a couple of days after having the COVID vaccine (probably AZ, but not sure).

Well it's always the AZ isn't it?  But in fact it's much more likely to be one of the others, likely Sinopharm. 

Sorry to hear about your daughter.  Yes, there is a strong case for not giving any of the vaccines to healthy people under 25 imo.

• Thanks 1

"I’ve seen this training while getting a licence. It involves sleeping while a carnage-cum-nasty video plays on an old TV."

As someone said the other day :- "My wife has just passed her driving test - now she needs to learn how to drive!"

The theory part of the test is above adequate , but the driving test itself is a farce - conducted in a small area about the size of a football field - no driving on the open road. (That would probably put the examiners at risk!) Apparently even driving lessons (where I live) are conducted on the back roads, and none at all on the main roads!

And why not have red  "L Plates" to signify "Learner Driver"? They could even have  different colour plates or "N Plates" to signify "Novice Driver" for those who have just passed their driving "Test".

As it stands now, it is little wonder that Thailand's roads are amongst the worst in the world for accidents.

Edited by sambum
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, theequalizer said:

When you enter your workplace does anyone ask you if you have had tuberculosis or hepatitis A? Both of which are highly transmissible.

Both of which are as far as I know, extremely rare in comparison to Covid!

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

Germany.

Two responses to that:

1 Vaccine take-up in Germany has, from what i read, not been very good   German Vaccines Lag, Cases Spike, With Troops on Standby to Help

2 Think where they'd be if nobody was vaccinated

Whichever way you cut it, there is no downside to us all getting vaccinated unless one has a medical reason for not. The figures really don't lie.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The misses just panicked and rushed off after getting a phone call an hour ago, don't know how serious it is. Not sure what's happening at the moment, but she was a completely healthy 23 year old before the vaccine.

I guess it's a coincidence that the only time she's ever been to hospital is a couple of days after having the COVID vaccine (probably AZ, but not sure).

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Hope it all works out and was a temporary side-effect.  Do let us know when you have time.

Update: I see above that it worked out ok.  Happy to hear it.

Edited by Thai Dan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Doctor said it was a reaction to the COVID vaccine.

In fact he stated they are seeing this happen with a lot of under 25s that have Astrazeneca.

She's been treated and sent home now.

All of them tbh.  I just think they are too strong for youngsters.

I hear toe curling stories about AZ,Pfizer, and especially Moderna, but fortunately the side effects are short-lived.

The best is probably Sinovac for this age group.  But why bother in all honesty!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vandeventer said:

In my area a man in his 40's just died from the AZ vaccine.

That he died after getting the vaccine one can believe. That it was "from the AZ vaccine" is a claim that needs a lot of support. Consider the  article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc that talks about the relevant logical fallacy.

• Like 1

Rooster, thanks for a very good article this week, you have gotten many reactions from the posters.

I hope that Thailand gets all the Pfizer. Moderna, and AZ vaccines that it needs for all the people who are 

looking to get vaccinated.  The vaccines may not keep people from getting sick from the virus, but it certainly

is helping people from having to go to the hospital and clogging up the ICUs.  The people who cannot see the benefits 

of the vaccines, are not really seeing the big picture. I am hoping that Thailand does not see a big spike of COVID cases, or the 5th wave that

some places in Europe are seeing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Maybe we should make ASEAN NOW t-shirts emblazoned with “We Love You Yutthasak”

Luckily for potential members of a Yutthasak fan club, there is a ready made song (aplogies to any Bye, Bye Birdie" lovers out there):

We love you Yutthasak, oh yes we do;
We love you Yutthasak, and we'll be true;
When you don't speak to us, we're blue.
Oh Yutthasak we love you

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If vaccination stopped you catching or transmitting COVID then I'd agree with you.

But it doesn't, so there's no point in hitting on the unvaccinated.

When you are very sick and dying from covid because you couldn't be bothered to get vaxed, or believe all the conspiracy theories, will you go to hospital and take up a bed that someone else needs, or stay home and die ? The later i hope. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

When you are very sick and dying from covid because you couldn't be bothered to get vaxed, or believe all the conspiracy theories, will you go to hospital and take up a bed that someone else needs, or stay home and die ? The later i hope. 

Had COVID last year, no problem at all.

My daughter had the vaccine last week, emergency hospital treatment for aching bones, fever, weakness, racing heart. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, theequalizer said:

When you enter your workplace does anyone ask you if you have had tuberculosis or hepatitis A? Both of which are highly transmissible.

TB is in the most curable and you would not be released until you are no longer contagious then checked after 2 weeks again to check if you are still non-contagious.

27 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The latter, and told the wife to tell nobody, and bury my butt in the yard ... those SS deposits will keep coming forever.  The ultimate visa overstayer ... ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Doctor said it was a reaction to the COVID vaccine.

In fact he stated they are seeing this happen with a lot of under 25s that have Astrazeneca.

She's been treated and sent home now.

Glad to hear that. My wife in her 40s had a reaction with a shot of AZ , after 2 sinopharm, ( health care volunteer) got migraines and generally felt sick, at hospital they gave her a jab i think antibiotic after 1 hr she was fine.

Edited by brianthainess
add info.

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

But has the wife been vaxed ? 

No ... at 45, risk of dying from is < 0.0655%.  Half of those are in higher age brackets, no worries.

That % from 'worldmeter' deaths vs world population of 7.9 billion.   We're liking our odds.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So do fat people.

So because someone else is fat, we shouldn't get vaccinated and protect ourselves from a potentially deadly disease!

Not sure that's 'Nobel prize' stuff!

(The only valid point you have is that the vaccines are worryingly harsh for a small but significant number of youngsters.)

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

No ... at 45, risk of dying from is < 0.0655%.  Half of those are in higher age brackets, no worries.

That % from 'worldmeter' deaths vs world population of 7.9 billion.   We're liking our odds.

On Saturday I had one of my thankfully rare snot attacks that left me gasping for breath and somewhat like an asthmatic and about to collapse. I was in a cold sweat thinking I was dying.  You don't want to go there, mate!  Get jabbed.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Glad to hear that. My wife in her 40s had a reaction with a shot of AZ , after 2 sinopharm, ( health care volunteer) got migraines and generally felt sick, at hospital they gave her a jab i think antibiotic after 1 hr she was fine.

Not sure what an antibiotic would do in those circumstances.....

• Like 1