Thailand National Parks and COVID Pass 

matteo73

Hello guys

Do you know if the National Parks in Thailand requires any Covid Pass, Vaccine, ATK Test, anything like that at the entrance?

I am not talking specifically about the Islands in Thailand which I know already, most of them have the covid check points at the ferry. I am talking about the National Parks on the mainland 

I am now planning to go to Erawan National Park very soon.

[Question]
Do I need any Covid Pass, Vaccine, ATK Test, anything like that?
Because I have none

Edited by matteo73
  • Confused 1

Yes, you need be fully vaccinated. You can also provide a valid ATK kit test or RT-PCR not older than 72 hours.

But I suggest you to get fully vaccinated. Without vaccination you even cannot return to Thailand if you like to travel abroad.

Edited by andre47
addition

1 hour ago, andre47 said:

Yes, you need be fully vaccinated. You can also provide a valid ATK kit test or RT-PCR not older than 72 hours.

But I suggest you to get fully vaccinated. Without vaccination you even cannot return to Thailand if you like to travel abroad.

Could you please confirm these ATK kit test and RT-PCR are both nasal type of tests right?
I mean they put a little stick into your nose and as far as I know they are NOT pleasant at all. 

And also there are NO blood type of tests or saliva type of tests, which are considered valid in Thailand, right? only nasal

ATK  - Antigen Test Kit. It's a self test kit performed at home (like a pregnancy test kit).

PCR test - (in Thailand) performed at a clinic or hospital.

ATK - is self administered, you are in control of how deep you go - If instructions are followed correctly you swap the throat near your tonsils and also your nasal cavity (*as far up as is comfortable). 

PCR tests - Nurses administer to the test, some are better than others, some push the swab into the dark recesses of your sinuses. 

PCR tests are a higher standard of test, involve lab analysis, take longer and are more expensive. 

ATK tests (lateral flow tests) are much cheaper and give instant results. 

Realistically, I’m not sure if the parks even want a test, of if you just show a photo of a test you have done there no way they can really verify when it was taken - its just theatre. 

We have to test our son each week for his school - there is no real way the school can check if the test is legitimate or not, we don’t even have to submit a photo of the test, just list the result online !...

-----

National park officers are more likely to be more interested in taking the foreigner entry charge (10x Thai rate).

• Thanks 1